CiviCRM's donor management feature received an A for delivering on promises & deadlines in NTEN's 2011 Nonprofit Data Eco-System report...
Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research
39-40 Eagle StreetWC1R 4TH London
Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research (LLR) is the only UK charity solely dedicated to research into blood cancers, including leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Our life-saving research is focused on finding causes, improving diagnosis and treatments, and running ground-breaking clinical trials for all blood cancer patients. Having gone through the software/supplier selection process, the LLR decided CiviCRM was the CRM of choice and a supplier was chosen to deliver the project by the end of 2011. CiviCRM was implemented
The key objective was to bring the CRM and digital output together, allowing us to personalise our services and messaging online. An integrated offering would help us achieve the organisation objective of increasing patient benefit.
There were two key challenges to this project
- Data Migration. The existing CRM had over 350,000 contacts, 1,200,000 contributions and 190,000 participant records as well as various other data elements which needed to be converted over to CiviCRM. This meant we couldn't use the migration GUI that is supplied with CiviCRM natively, the time taken for these processes to run would mean the data migration would take days to run. In the end we used SQL scripts to migrate the data directly into CiviCRM. This meant that we were able to carry out a full migration of data into CiviCRM in under 2 hours.
- Financial Processing. Due to both the volume of off line contributions and accounting integration, a batch processing business workflow needed to be replicated into CiviCRM. This is something CiviCRM did not have and required a new module to process various revenue streams. The batching system also has integration with Pentaho reports and produces ledger export files for import into the accounting system.
One of the key requirements was that the new CRM be integrated into the existing Drupal based web site, various closed source systems were evaluated but none provided integration out of the box.
The project team consisted of
- Dedicated project manager for the duration of the implementation
- Digital Team
- Database Manager
- Veda Consulting Ltd as priniciple CiviCRM consultants
- Two addiitional developers
- Batching and Financial integration module
- Events and Contribution pages integrated with Drupal
- Batching and Financial Processing Module
- Financial Import Module for importing external data such as just giving
- Postcode integration with AFD Postcode
- Gift Aid Module with modifications to allow contributions to be marked as gift aid eligible based on batch level information
- Various bug fixes were reported with patches to resolve the issues.
- Allowing events registration without requiring an email address
- Funding for Direct Debit project