We Made it Happen for 4.2
Community funding via Make-it-Happen and direct sponsorship is the key driver behind improving and adding features to CiviCRM. Thanks to the generosity of community members and sponsors, these features were implemented for 4.2. The success of these campaigns demonstrate how shared investment combined with the open source software model can benefit the entire community.
- Batch Entry of Contributions and Membership Payments
- Offer Donors a Choice of Payment Processors
- CMS Agnostic Modules as CiviCRM Extensions
- Multiple membership renewal reminders
- Relative date filters for all search forms
- CiviSMS - SMS blasts and interactions
- Mass Dedupe and Merge - Batch merging for groups of duplicate contacts
Batch entry of gifts (checks, cash, etc.) is a much requested "missing feature" in CiviCRM. The goal is to provide a streamlined interface for data entry of batches of contributions and membership payments This feature uses a grid-style input form with the columns controlled by a selected profile.
This MIH adds the ability to offer a choice of available payment processors to donors using online contribution pages. Administrators can select one OR MORE enabled processors when configuring each contribution page.
This MIH opens up the existing CiviCRM extensions architecture to allow developers to build and distribute powerful CMS Agnostic modules. These modules can leverage the full power of Civi's hooks and API's to inject new forms, pages, fields, and more.
This improvement also allows existing CMS-specific modules or components to be migrated to an extension that can be used regardless of the host CMS (as long as the module doesn't rely on CMS-specific functions). For example the extremely useful, but "Drupal-only" CiviEvent Discount module has been converted into an extension that can be used by a Joomla! or WordPress hosted CiviCRM site.
Administrators can configure an unlimited number of reminders at specified dates relative to the membership expiration, and configure different message templates as needed for each reminder.
Allows users to enter relative date filters such as "Current year-to-date", "Current month-to-date", "Last year", etc. on all search forms. This is particularly useful for "smart groups" (i.e. saved searches). Users will now be able to create a smart group for "people donating more than $500 this year to date" ... for example, without needing to periodically modify the smart group criteria.
Support for SMS blasts and interactions, targeting the following features:
- Broadcast an SMS message with token support to a group of contacts via workflows similar to Send Email and CiviMail
- Collect responses from the above message and associate it with the message and the sender
- Validate and store the response as a survey answer
- Ability to integrate with multiple SMS gateways - ClickaTell, Twilio, etc.
Have too many duplicate contacts (like CiviCRM.org)? Have no idea where to start the merge process? Then this new feature will be a life-saver. The features include:
Batch merge a set of merge pairs using either Safe Merge or Aggressive Merge
- Safe Merge - Merge only if no conflicts detected. Do not overwrite any data.
- Aggressive Merge - No rules, just merge.
- A standalone script that merges all contacts in the DB, or merges contacts in specified group(s)