- Create and Send Mailings - Check out the changes in the CiviMail "Send Mailing" wizard, including an integrated WYSIWYG rich-text editor. You can also try out the new Mailing search feature.
- Easy-to-use Mailing List Subscription Form - You can now direct constituents to a built-in "sign-up" form for ALL public mailing lists, OR for a specific list.
- Groups - You can now search for Groups from Manage Groups. Also, click Settings for a group to see the new Group Type feature, and assign your group to be used as a Mailing List and/or and Access Control group.
You can also try it out on our sandbox site here
This release is focused on CiviMail - and unlike previous public demos and sandboxes, you can use the CiviMail menus and features on the public sandbox. However, no actual mail will be sent from the site.
You can view Release Highlights here
- Downloads - There have been over 40,000 downloads of CiviCRM from SourceForge since January of this year (averaging around 4,500 per month).
- Forum - The community forum was launched in April and already was 800+ members (5,330 posts as of today)
Hi CCRM Friends,
My name is Shane Hill. Some of you may have read my name in a few places or on some lists. This post is meant to introduce me and give some background. I am with the organization The Urban Alliance For Sustainability. http://www.uas.coop and we use CiviCRM to manage our constituency and send email blasts. At first, I was just a volunteer with UAS as I believed in their mission (now my mission) and I wanted to lend my experience to what they were (are) doing. Then in time I inherited their web operations which eventually led to having to deal with CiviMail. :)
Thanks to UAS’s Shane Hill’s impressive recent CiviMail improvements (currently, among others, an order of magnitute speed-up in email generation…) and the forthcoming changes for DA, we decided to make a separate CiviCRM release consisting of CiviCRM 1.8 and the improved CiviMail. The release will be called CiviCRM 1.9 and is developed on the v1.9 branch in our Subversion repository.