CiviCRM 2.1.2 release with bug fixes, as well as a fix for a critical security vulnerability is now available for download. CiviCRM 2.0.7 a maintainance release fixing critical security vulnerabilities is also available for download. The vulnerability addressed could allow a remote user with insufficient permissions to access CiviCRM functionality via the API and / or command line scripts.
We released CiviCRM v2.0.3. This issue addresses a few issues in upgrade and fixes approx 20 bugs. We do not maintain a CHANGELOG (i think we need to start doing this), but you can see the list of changes here:
v2.0.3 was released 29 days after v2.0.2. This is a pretty good indicator of the quality of the 2.0 release and we hope to improve on this even more in the 2.1 series with automated testing.
We estimate we've had more than 8000+ downloads of v2.0.x. We've received a ping back from 1200 sites, with a bit less than 66% being drupal and 34% being Joomla.
It feels like 2008 is the year of CiviCRM training. Following in the heels of our Melbourne bootcamp is the CiviCRM webinar bought to you by Michelle Murrain and the good folks from NTEN. You can read more details about it on the NTEN website: Learn More About CiviCRM: Can This Be Your Organization's CRM?.
If you are new to CiviCRM or have just gotten started with CiviCRM, this webinar is for you. Goto the NTEN website and sign up now :). NTEN has graciously offered CiviCRM users the webinar at the NTEN member rate. All you need to do is select CiviCRM User in the Where Did You Hear Field and you will receive the $25 member fee.
Here's our first draft at an agenda for the webinar:...Read more
Earlier today we pushed out v2.0.2 of CiviCRM. You can download it here. We have fixed approx 67 issues between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (this involved approx 170 commits). This brings us to a grand total of 504 issues resolved for the 2.0 series. We suspect (and hope) that the rate of bugs filed / issues fixed will slow down significantly for future 2.0.x releases. There have been some significant changes and improvements to the upgrade procedure, specifically with regard to activity history. More details on this can be found in this wiki page. We've also added code to give better messages in a few common error cases. More details on the blog post here.
You can follow these...Read more
We monitor the forums quite a bit and are always trying to figure out how to reduce / minimize the repeated requests. Many a time my strong stance on refusing to fix something obvious delays a few fixes (yes, i'm learning all the time and hopefully improving and becoming a wee bit wiser). I got a bit tired and fed up of seeing the same requests over and over again, so earlier today I went on a spree and fixed (or attempted to fix) a few of the most common support requests or mistakes. Without further ado, here are the ones we fixed today:
- Ensure that CiviCRM lets the user know that PHP5 is a requirement for CiviCRM. We need to detect this early enough and abort. Depending on the number of issues that arise with 5.0.x and 5.1.x we might make 5.2.x a requirement in v2.1.
- Ensure that the MySQL version has InnoDB support. CiviCRM running under MyISAM is pretty much guaranteed to result in data integrity issues after a few days/weeks/months. However this check is...
A minor typo in a php file managed to squeeze its way into the release (CRM/ACL/BAO/ACL.php, line 799 or so there is an extra 'x')
So we've released CiviCRM v2.0.1. We took the opportunity to fix a few other minor issues. We expect to do bug fix releases every other week for the next few months.
Apologies for the messup. Folks who've downloaded 2.0.0 need not feel compelled to download 2.0.1. Please use the following patch for your distribution: ACL Patch
Earlier today at approx 6:00 am NZT (yes, we are early birds), we released CiviCRM v2.0-beta4. At approx 9:00 am, I saw a post from aaron about some missing files in the release. I downloaded and verified what aaron said and realized we had messed up big time :(. Our release czar piotr was offline and not reachable. Michal and I had to dive into the release code and figure out what was happening.
We pretty soon figured out that DAO (php files that we use to talk to the database that are auto generated from an xml schema description) generation was failing, however the script did not exit at this stage which is a bug. The process is quite sequential, and an error early on should abort the process. It took us a couple of hours to figure out the fix and test it. Testing was not as easy, since we had to simulate a release process but not actually release the code. Did not realize this, but svn...Read more