Just a very quick post to let you guys know that the site that has consumed my life for the past 6 months has finally gone live. I am running a _very_ customised version of civicrm 2.1 on top of a drupal install. I'd like to thank all those that helped me to get to grips with the hows and wherefores of civicrm and for putting up with me on the irc channel.
I have a few more tasks to do including finalising the integration with Sage but on the whole I think I'm there. I've had to write a few things for the site I would rather not have done and also I've written some things that I genuinely think should be in the core of civi. Some are already making their way in such as waiting lists.
I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time developing the latest version of civicrm and meeting some like-minds at the UK Dev Camp. Hopefully I'll get to put a face to some of the irc nicks too.
If anyone would like to check out the sites in question, just head over to...Read more
NOTE: Due to a technical glitch - we are "skipping" 2.1.5 the release label. You can upgrade directly from any prior 2.1 release.
DownloadYou can download CiviCRM 2.1.6 from our download page. Select from the civicrm-stable section. The filenames include the 2.1.6 label: civicrm-2.1.6…. Be sure and download the correct version for your CMS (Drupal / Joomla!). Select the Drupal download for Standalone upgrades.
UpgradingYou can upgrade directly to 2.1.6 from 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2 or 2.1.4. We've also made a few changes to simplify the upgrade process a bit. Upgrade instructions are available on the wiki for ... Read more
I recently finished writing an addition to the events system that will allow pa's etc to book places for people to events and then return at a later date to confirm the names. As far as I know, this is in progress for v2.3 but basically I need it now. Apart from some testing the system should work without too much trouble.
There is only one issue that will perhaps need addressing and that is anonymous signups. As far as I know, CiviCRM will create a new contact record for the person booking if need be and the existing system is preserved so things should work fine. There is an extra button which will make this system work on additional participant pages. Over the next few days I'll test this with v2.2 and see if it is worth getting into the core.
How did I do it I hear you say. Well make yourself comfy and I'll tell.
At the heart of it is an extra button on the additional participant pages. It says something like 'Just reserve place' and I check for this in...Read more
DownloadYou can download CiviCRM 2.1.4 from our download page. Select from the civicrm-stable section. The filenames include the 2.1.4 label: civicrm-2.1.4…. Be sure and download the correct version for your CMS (Drupal / Joomla!). Select the Drupal download for Standalone upgrades.
UpgradingYou can upgrade directly to 2.1.4 from 2.1.0, 2.1.1 or 2.1.2. We've also made a few changes to simplify the upgrade process a bit. Upgrade instructions are available on the wiki for Drupal,... Read more
CiviCRM 2.1.2 release with bug fixes, as well as a fix for a critical security vulnerability is now available for download. CiviCRM 2.0.7 a maintainance release fixing critical security vulnerabilities is also available for download. The vulnerability addressed could allow a remote user with insufficient permissions to access CiviCRM functionality via the API and / or command line scripts.
The API was a big topic at CiviCamp. We had a good discussion on the mistakes we made in the past and things we can do better going forward. Due to a variety of reasons (internal and external), the API migration between 1.9 and 2.0 was a disaster. We resolved to not let this happen in the future. Here are a few things we agreed upon
- We will maintain backward compatibility for an obsoleted function for at least one version in the future.
- All interface changes will be part of the upgrade documentation along with a sample of how to convert from the old format to the new format.
- Good Unit Test coverage of the API. We will recommend a unit test be filed along with any bug report regarding the API. The developer community will step up and help provide additional unit tests for more coverage
- API's will have a more flexible critical bug criteria. In general, we need to do a better job of fixing issues in the release versions and trunk at the same...
We coded / migrated / bugfixed a few drupal modules as part of CiviCamp (blog reports here and here). We also decided to ship these modules with our 2.1 release. You can get the current version of these modules here. CiviCRM v2.1.2 will include the following drupal integration modules:
- Views2 integration. We've exposed the Contact / Email / Address / Contribution / Activity tables to Views2. We will add a few more tables over the next few releases and hope the community will step up and submit the needed code for the other tables. At some point, we hope to automate the generation of some of those files (from our xml schema definition).
- online contribution page
- membership signup page
- event info and registration page
- Joomla! 1.5 and Drupal 6 compatibility (CiviCRM 2.1 is NOT compatible with Drupal 5.x or Joomla! 1.0.x)
- Production-ready "standalone" version of CiviCRM (with thanks to U.S. PIRG)
- Contribution Pledges (back-office and self-service)
- Multi-language / single site support (with thanks to Google Summer of Code and the Joomla! team)
- Nesting (hierarchy) for groups (with thanks to U.S. PIRG)
- Contribution, participant and membership export...
We have 4 more slots available for CiviCamp. CiviCamp will be held at Yahoo!'s San francisco offices (downtown, Sansome street, close to BART/Muni etc).
The CiviCamp agenda is on our wiki here: http://wiki.civicrm.org/confluence/display/CRM/CiviCamp+-+Oct+13-14%2C+2008. Some other details of the camp in prior blog posts
If you are a developer with php5/mysql5/drupal/joomla skills this camp will be of interest to you. Please send me email (lobo at yahoo dot com) if you would like to take part
Update: 1 slot left