We had our first Greater Chicago area CiviCRM Meetup on Thursday February 10th at TechNexus and had 6 people in attendance. In the course of the meeting we had a long Q&A session covering many different topics related to CiviCRM capabilities out of the box and compared them with other CRMs. It was great opportunity to meet several CiviCRM implementers in the Chicago area who met for the first time at this meeting.
We hope to see other Chicago area CiviCRM users and administrators at our next meetup on March 25th, 2011 at TechNexus!
Topics we covered:
- Merits of CiviCRM versus Salesforce.com and Microsoft Access for non-profits
- Creative and uncommon uses of CiviCRM for different workflows
- Overview of CiviCRM's capabilities (presentation by Mary Kay Bianchi)
- Discussion about hosting a reception introducing Cloud computing and CiviCRM for non-profits in the Chicagoland area, planning and generating an invitation list
- Discussion about promoting the upcoming Chicago CiviCon 2011 conference
- Discussion on the CiviAccounts Make-it-happen campaign
We'd like to acknowledge SNtial Technologies for sponsoring the pizza and Emphanos for providing refreshments and the meeting space.