Open Monuments, redefined
A member organization such as Herita needs an efficient public website and a CRM system that supports and makes member work easy. Calibrate made this possible with an advanced link between Drupal 8 and CiviCRM. Despite the strict deadline of 3 months lead time, we managed to achieve this successfully. Take a look at our case (Dutch) and discover how the Calibrators got this done!
To quote Margit Bal, Managing Director of Herita
"The Calibrate team took up this challenge with great enthusiasm. Both during the preliminary phase (wireframes, UX and design) as during the various development phases, they were always open to discussion, new suggestions or changes. Moreover, they always looked for feasible solutions taking into account the budget and tight timing. Excellent project management and transparent communication ensured a pleasant collaboration. "
The project was delivered on time and within budget, but doesn't stop there. We are currently in a second phase integrating the new Herita foundation B2B website inside the Drupal/Civi setup by domain access and additional integrations.
- Drupal 8
- Custom paragrahs
- Custom map
- Civi CRM integration
- Mollie online payments
- Syncs with UiT
- Search API
- Performant hosting: container-based cluster solution on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), linked to a robust MySQL Percona server. Varnish, Redis, autoscaling and a duplicated HAProxy Load Balancer
- Overview of all events and monuments in map or list view.
- Extensive search module for events, monuments and thematic discovery pages.
- Online registration and payment of a membership
- A fast website also with a high number of visitors
- Inspiration based on the location. Other options in the neighborhood are proposed on detail pages of events / monuments.
- An advanced CRM system with CiviCRM for managing members, events and monuments.
- The existing members needed to be imported from their own CRM into the new Civi CRM system.
- Synchronization via API of the activities of the partners at "UiT in Vlaanderen" to openmonumenten.be.
- Multi domain: the possibility to have additional websites developed on the same code base.
- A reliable and stable website, thanks to our favorite CMS system: Drupal 8.
- Tight deadline: presentation of the new style guide together with the new website on the "Open MonumentenDag".
- Imports: of both the old CRM data as the events through UiT in Vlaanderen
- Ease of use: a new CRM, with online payments, combination of Herita membership with UiT membership, inspirational website pages etc for non technical backoffice users
- Performance: imports, API syncs, searches and map plotting need to function during high volume loads on exceptional days like Openmonumentendag.