This position requires an experienced administrative professional that understands the importance of a high performing front office atmosphere. This role provides a wide breadth of administrative and hospitality services, and works in tandem with the Facilities Lead to create and deliver a high functioning, service oriented front office for approximately 80 in-office staff daily. They will answer repeated questions and delivery services and support in the areas of guest receiving, hospitality, supply orders, data entry, new staff orientation, in house event planning, safety and security, weekly internal communication on internal office wiki (internal newsletter as example) as well as have an opportunity to support short term assignments with appropriate sized projects and administrative service support. This position will also be direct support and partner to the Director of Administration as well as reside on the Administrative team.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Deliver responsive services in front office environment for staff and visiting community
- Deliver front office and administrative protocols in communication, petty cash, expense reconciliations, front office correspondence, work logs, event support, as well as safety and security
- Support small to large events, including annual all staff event, off-sites and gatherings
- Provide organizational wizardry in all forms for system and team improvement
- Provide administrative and hospitality solutions and quality support
- Support office orientation schedule, and various staff on-boarding and off-boarding tasks
- Work well with all levels of the organization; editors, volunteers, staff, technical staff, contractors
- Hold confidentiality and ability to work with sensitive matters and information.
- Support metrics and data collection for quarterly presentations
- Ability to work with colleagues who do not have English as primary language
- Provide coverage support for team mates and back-office coverage when needed
We’d like you to have these skills:
- 5 years of administrative support in medium to large organization
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of experience and vocational experience
Superior attention to detail and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions
Ability to adapt quickly and easily to changing requirements in a fast-paced, tech based non-profit organization.
Demonstrated ability to see a need and create solutions
Intermediate professional experience with full Google suite of s/w
Be proactive in services and engaging with what needs to be done, and what could be improved
Must enjoy supportive, service oriented administrative work within a team of professionals
Demonstrated technical aptitude and savvy, ability to adjust, learn and use new and different open source s/w
- Calendar management and meeting preparation skills
Setting up teleconference and video conferencing meetings
Comfortable and experienced with technology, various a/v equipment, and s/w.
Excellent ability to work with all levels of staff including a wide range of diversity of staff
Ability to learn, adapt and thrive in changing technical environment
Must enjoy supportive, service oriented administrative work
Ability to learn and edit internal on-wiki intranet (Wiki Markup)
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Experience with event planning
- Enjoy editing on-wiki internal intranet, and possibly help train new folks
- Experience with being on safety and security teams
- Experience putting together slide presentation design with various software like prezi.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Benefits & Perks *
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
* for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location