Major Gifts and Foundations, Advancement
Location: San Francisco, CA (position requires being onsite)
This role is a part-time temporary contractor position for 15 hours a week between late November and late January. This position does not offer benefits.
This role is a critical part of the Wikimedia Foundation’s Major Gifts and Foundations team, which raises funds to support the operating costs of Wikipedia and its sister projects. The Fundraising Contractor is responsible for providing support in our year-end process, including processing holiday gifts, data entry, and administrative support. We’re looking for a team player who can prioritize multiple workflows and make our donors feel appreciated.
We’d like you to do these things:
- Fundraising data entry and analysis: Manage fundraising data and records, ensuring that the donor database is current and accurate.
- Donor acknowledgement service: Assist in donor acknowledgement service aspects of the outsourced donation processing and contact management services. Assist with the Foundation’s donor acknowledgement process, ensuring that all donors are thanked for their gifts via letter, email, and/or phone call. Collaborate with Donor Services to answer fundraising related questions.
- General administrative support: Support members of the Major Gifts and Foundations team in all efforts to grow and improve the Wikimedia Foundation's fundraising program.
We’d like you to have these skills:
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience (1+ years)
- Experience using databases and using a CRM
- Experience with Excel and Google Documents spreadsheets
- Data entry and analysis
- A talent for customer service, with outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Team player, who cares deeply about his or her own work and also helps colleagues succeed
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic; Not easily discouraged
- Organized, efficient and able to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and a fact checker
- Resourceful problem solver, who finds ways around roadblocks
- Emotionally mature and self-reliant; tolerates ambiguity and maintains positive, respectful professional relationships
And it would be even more awesome if you have this:
- Passion for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects
- Fluency in languages other than English a plus
Term of Contract
The contract will commence on November 29, 2017. The contract will end on January 26, 2018, unless it is extended.
15 hours per week at USD $20.00/hour.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.