The British Geriatrics Society is the professional association for NHS doctors, nurses and other healthcare specialists engaged in the treatment and care of older people across the UK. We have over 3,500 members. The Society is a registered charity aiming to improve the healthcare of older people. We are based in Farringdon, a vibrant area in central London.
Job title: Membership Administrator
Reporting to: Director of Learning and Professional Development
Salary: £25,765 per annum, plus 11% pension contribution
Base: The British Geriatrics Society’s office in Farringdon, London EC1;
(Occasional UK travel with overnight stays may be required, with very occasional evening work supporting delivery of events).
· To provide support in processing applications for membership, and membership renewals, using our membership database (Civi-CRM)
· To respond to member enquiries by telephone, email, and in person at conferences
· To contribute to preparations for our conferences (ad hoc, roughly 10% on average of your working time).
Main duties and responsibilities:
You will process the applications and renewals of memberships to the Society, via Civi-CRM, email, post and telephone.
You will be responsible for sending confirmations and receipts to new or renewing members.
On occasion, you will also be required to help with the administration of our conferences, namely delegate, speaker and sponsor registrations. This involves processing new event bookings online, via email, post and phone (training will be provided). It will also include helping with the preparation of conference materials such as delegate packs and name badges, liaising with providers such as couriers and the onsite registration of delegates at events.
Specific duties will include:
· Processing membership applications and renewals, responding to incoming enquiries, providing confirmation and supporting correspondence to members
· Maintaining the health and integrity of the database containing members, non-member, events registrants and external suppliers through data cleaning and monitoring
· Contributing to the processing conference registrations, and responding to incoming enquiries, providing confirmation and supporting correspondence to delegates, sponsors and speakers
· Preparation of conference materials including electronic and printed material
This is a description of the job as it is at present. It is the practice of the Society to review job descriptions from time in consultation with the post holder.
· At least 1 year’s previous experience assisting membership administration
· At least one year’s experience of using a Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Database, ideally Civi-CRM but alternatively with other comparable CRM databases
· Experience of managing membership applications, including taking payments, invoicing and receipting
· Excellent customer relationship skills, able to communicate with people at all levels
· Some experience of working in a charity, either paid or unpaid
· Good standard of literacy and of numeracy
· Attention to detail Fully competent at using MS Word, MS Excel, other databases and email
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work as part of a small team
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic to succeed in the role long term.
How to apply
Applicants should send a tailored CV (maximum 2 sides A4) and cover letter (maximum 2 sides A4) detailing why you would be suitable for the position, i.e. addressing the ten bullet points of the Person specification above.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com .
Closing date: 19th March. Interviews will be held on Thursday 29th March