We are looking for an experienced PHP engineer to work with us on a range of PHP/Symfony based products for the not for profit sector.
You would be joining one of Compucorp product teams, being a part of product decisions, from inception through to release. You will use the latest technologies and will have responsibility to make architectural and technical decisions on the future direction of new platforms that will have significant impact.
The platforms we build are business processes focussed for the not for profit sector, so expect to be working on functionality to help support ecommerce, marketing and payment processing but with a not for profit fundraising twist.
You'll be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing the architecture of web platforms, REST APIs and CLI tools
- Applying software development best-practices and keeping a clean and easy to maintain codebase
- Maintaining documentation
- Writing technical specifications
- Sharing knowledge with other members of the team
- Participating in planning meetings where we discuss priorities and new features development
- Code Reviews
- Expert in writing modern PHP code the right way (https://phptherightway.com/)
- Excellent knowledge about the Symfony framework internals and being able to build applications that are more than -simple CRUDs or CMSes
- Excellent database / SQL skills, including performance optimization and normalization
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience designing and developing CLI tools for background tasks and/or automation
- Experience with test process like TDD and BDD
- Be skilled with Git including rebases, squashing commits and using bisect to find where bugs were introduced
- Experience with Linux and the command line
- Exposure to business applications such as ERP, CRM or HR systems preferably for the not for profit sector
- CI/CD setup and management
Work type: Permanent
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Annual Leave
- Birthday Off
- Volunteering Time-off
- Wellness Day
How to apply:
If you think you've seen the role for you and can make a big difference to our team, then please send us through a CV with a short covering letter via the application form below:
Our mission is to enable digital transformation in organisations that deliver social good. We work with Charities across their digital stack helping organisations to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
We're a bootstrapped startup that has grown to over 35 in the team based solely on word of mouth from the work we've been producing. We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in Shoreditch, London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, all our solutions are open source, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. Our clients include Charities such as Wikimedia, Farm Africa and Amnesty International, but also companies, trade associations and government bodies too.
Compucorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.