A big hello from the team at Compuco!
At Compuco we empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We work with charities across their digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious new Technical Project Manager to join the Compuco team.
As a distributed company with an HQ in London and team members from all around the world, one of the things that makes working at Compuco special is the chance to meet, mix and learn from people from an amazing array of nationalities and cultures. We’re extremely proud of the way we work and the open culture we’ve developed.
Your role will be to manage complex digital projects, working closely with the client, Product Team Lead and development team to keep them on course and to give an outstanding client experience. You will be the key client contact with overall ownership of the timeline and budget, with a focus on translating (sometimes complex!) client needs into actionable tasks for the team.
The role will span the full project lifecycle, including discovery, specification, configuration and the management of development tasks, so expect each day to be a little bit different and to be quite “hands on”. Our client projects often (but not always) run in a waterfall process, whereas internally we adopt agile methodologies so an understanding of both processes would be desirable.
We’re a very process driven team who always seek to do things “the right way”, and we’re looking for people who can both contribute to ensuring those processes are followed but also help us to develop and refine new processes to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest quality product and service to our clients and to the sector as a whole.
In short, we’re a team of self-confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right, and we're looking for someone with the same "can do" attitude to join our growing team.
* Managing day-to-day communication with clients
* Configuring sites and CRM based on specification
* Managing/Prioritising the project ticket backlog for agile sprints
* Managing project timelines
* Managing project performance against budget
* Assist and in due course manage client discovery workshops to understand user needs
* Assist in development of and in due course produce client requirement specifications
* 3+ years experience delivering digital projects including websites
* A compulsive list maker, organiser and executer
* Previous experience working in a digital agency is a bonus
* The ability to grasp concepts quickly
* Someone who loves technical challenges
* You love the challenge of making complex things simple
* You can convey complex concepts clearly to other team members
* You’re someone who likes to implement processes and ensure they are followed
* You seek to learn from others as well as share your knowledge and experience
* Great attention to detail
* Can do / Make it happen attitude
Location: Shoreditch, London. Office based (When the office reopens!)
Salary Range: £25 - 36k
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world. We work with charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, we base all of our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include charities such as Amnesty International, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, as well as educational membership associations and government bodies.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.
We have a broad range of benefits for our offshore team including:
* Paid annual leave
* Birthday off
* Volunteering time off
* Wellness day
* Medical insurance allowance
* Paid leave for personal development and learning
* Remote working