A big hello from the team at Compuco!
At Compuco we empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We work with charities across their digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
As a distributed company with an HQ in London and team members from all around the world, one of the things that makes working at Compuco special is the chance to meet, mix and learn from people from an amazing array of nationalities and cultures. We’re extremely proud of the way we work and the open culture we’ve developed.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious new Technical Product Owner to join the Compuco team. You will report to the Head of Product leading one or more development squads covering both CRM product features and infrastructure.
You will work closely with our client project managers to run discovery sessions and ideate solutions to meet client needs before managing the full development lifecycle spanning specification, configuration and the management of development tasks. It’s a broad remit so expect each day to be a little bit different!
Our client projects often (but not always) run in a waterfall process, whereas internally for the product development we adopt agile methodologies so an understanding of both processes would be desirable.
We’re a very process-driven team who always seek to do things “the right way” to create robust products, and we’re looking for people who can both contribute to ensuring those processes are followed but also help us to develop and refine new processes to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest quality product and service to our clients and to the sector as a whole.
In short, we’re a team of self-confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right, and we're looking for someone with the same "can do" attitude to join our growing team.
* Assist and in due course manage client discovery workshops to understand client needs
* Prepare specification documents for build and configuration
* Support with configuring sites and CRM based on the specifications
* Converting specifications into highly organised development tickets
* Managing/Prioritising the product team backlog for agile sprints
* Provide an active role in mitigating any issues that might impact successful team completion of release/sprint goals
What we value in this role:
* You love the challenge of making complex things simple
* You look to learn at every opportunity
* You search for and propose improvements at all levels as part of your work
* You can convey complex concepts clearly to other team members
* You’re someone who likes to implement processes and ensure they are followed
* You seek to learn from others as well as share your knowledge and experience
* You are detail oriented but can see the wood for the trees
* Can do / Make it happen attitude
* And most of all you are a team player who likes to collaborate with your squad of engineers to create great solutions
What we are looking for:
* 3+ years experience delivering digital projects including websites or CRM
* A compulsive list maker, organiser and executer
* Previous experience working in a digital agency is a bonus
* The ability to grasp concepts quickly
* Someone who loves technical challenges
Location: Remote / Office based (Shoreditch, London)
Salary Range: £25 - 36k
Perks & Benefits:
* Paid Annual Leave
* Birthday Off
* Volunteering Time-off
* Wellness Day
* Medical Insurance Allowance
* Remote Working
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world. We work with charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, we base all of our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include charities such as Amnesty International, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, as well as educational membership associations and government bodies.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.