A big hello from the team at Compuco!
At Compuco we empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We work with charities across their digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
We are looking for a talented and experienced PHP engineer to work with us on a range of high impact open source projects for the not-for-profit sector.
Compuco is split into product teams. As a key member of one of these teams, you'll be involved in the entire development process, from the specification phase through to release. Your principal focus will be on developing new functionality as extensions and modules for projects using CiviCRM and Drupal (7 and 8), but there's a lot going on at Compuco so expect to be exposed to other technologies too!
The platforms we build are business process focussed for the not-for-profit sector, so expect to be working on functionality to help support e-commerce, marketing and payment processing but with a not-for-profit fundraising twist.
We’re a very process-driven team and constantly seek to refine the way we work to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest quality service to our clients and to the sector as a whole. We’re looking for someone with a “can do” attitude to join our growing team.
As a distributed company with an HQ in London and team members from all around the world, one of the things that makes working at Compuco special is the chance to meet, mix and learn from people from an amazing array of nationalities and cultures. We’re extremely proud of the way we work and the open culture we’ve developed.
- Applying software development best-practices and keeping a clean and easy to maintain codebase
- Maintaining documentation
- Writing technical specifications
- Sharing knowledge with and supporting other members of the team
- Participating in planning meetings where priorities and new features development are discussed
- Code Reviews
- 3+ years experience of web application development with PHP
- Excellent database / SQL skills, including performance optimisation and normalisation
- Experience writing unit tests and with testing processes.
- Be skilled with Git, including rebasing and squashing commits
- Experience with Linux and the command line
- Exposure to Drupal 7 and/or 8/9
- Exposure to business applications such as ERP, CRM or HR systems; preferably for the not-for-profit sector
- CI/CD setup and management
- Experience with the Symfony or Laravel frameworks
- Experience with CiviCRM
What we value in this role:
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills.
- Must love creating awesome documentation!
- Can do / make it happen attitude.
- And most of all - you are a team player who likes to collaborate with other members of a larger team!
Location: Hybrid working (office based in Shoreditch, London) or Fully Remote anywhere in the world
Salary range: £25-35K
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world. We work with charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, we base all of our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include charities such as Amnesty International, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, as well as educational membership associations and government bodies.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.
We have a broad range of benefits including:
- Paid annual leave
- Birthday off
- Volunteering time off
- Wellness day
- Medical insurance allowance
- Paid leave for personal development and learning
- Remote working