A big hello from the team at Compuco!
At Compuco we empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We work with charities across their digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
Let’s face it - most open source tools are ugly and poorly designed. Products developed by communities focus on what’s essential not what is elegant, with features and function prioritised over user experience. We want to change that by taking the open source products we work with, already used by hundreds of thousands of people, and turning them into beautifully crafted user centric solutions, which are as intuitive as they are engaging for people to use.
We have a unique opportunity for a senior/lead digital product designer to take a leadership role in our growing team.
As a distributed company with an HQ in London and team members from all around the world, one of the things that makes working at Compuco special is the chance to meet, mix and learn from people from an amazing array of nationalities and cultures. We’re extremely proud of the way we work and the open culture we’ve developed.
You will set overall direction and provide mentorship to our mid level designers working cross product and platform to unify our approach and strategy to digital product design.
You will be excited about tackling complex user interface challenges relating to business applications for the non profit sector, such as CRM, HR and finance systems but will also be equally comfortable working with Website, app and branding projects.
You will have a rock solid technical understanding of responsive and mobile layout principles for digital design. You will set best practices and create processes that ensure the best developer handoff and final outcome possible.
You will be experienced in using the latest design tools such as Figma and giving direction of best practice for collaboration to junior members of a team.
What we value in this role:
* You have formed opinions over what makes great digital design but are open to the thoughts and views of others
* You love the challenge of making complex things feel simple
* You can convey conceptual design problems and solutions clearly to other team members
* You’re someone who likes to implement processes and ensure they are followed
* You seek to learn from others as well as share your knowledge and experience
* You are as supportive as you are a leader
Experience and skills:
* Experience delivering simple and elegant design solutions to complex business applications
* Experience working with and leading a team of other designers
* Expert knowledge of Figma, (but some experience with Sketch useful for migrating older designs to Figma)
* Expert experience with fluid design principles and best practices
* Strong knowledge of UX component libraries and interaction design
* Previous experience in enterprise software design
* Demonstrable experience creating user interface toolkits for web applications
* Previous experience in working on designs for complex business systems such as CRM or ERP system(s), and good understanding of CRM UX/UI challenges
* Desirable: Some basic HTML/CSS skills, ability to review developer code to see where issues may lie
A bit about us!:
Our work covers web design, app development and branding for Charities and non-profit organisations across the country. Our clients include Charities such as Amnesty International, Wikimedia and Farm Africa and a range of Art galleries in the UK and further afield. We're a distributed team with our main base in Shoreditch, East London but with members of the team all over the world.
What we’re looking for is someone who can grasp concepts quickly, has great attention to detail, and most importantly loves a tech challenge. In short, we’re a team of self confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right, and we’re looking for someone with a similar attitude to join our growing team.
Location: Remote / Office based (Shoreditch, London)
Perks & Benefits:
* Paid Annual Leave
* Birthday Off
* Volunteering Time-off
* Wellness Day
* Medical Insurance Allowance
* Remote Working
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world. We work with charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, we base all of our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include charities such as Amnesty International, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, as well as educational membership associations and government bodies.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.