A big hello from the team at Compuco!
At Compuco we empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We work with charities across their digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
We are looking for an experienced PHP engineer to work with us on a range of PHP/Symfony based products for the not for profit sector.
You would be joining one of Compuco product teams, being a part of product decisions, from inception through to release. You will use the latest technologies and will have responsibility to make architectural and technical decisions on the future direction of new platforms that will have significant impact.
The platforms we build are business processes focussed for the not for profit sector, so expect to be working on functionality to help support ecommerce, marketing and payment processing but with a not for profit fundraising twist.
You'll be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing the architecture of web platforms, REST APIs and CLI tools
- Applying software development best-practices and keeping a clean and easy to maintain codebase
- Maintaining documentation
- Writing technical specifications
- Sharing knowledge with other members of the team
- Participating in planning meetings where we discuss priorities and new features development
- Code Reviews
- Expert in writing modern PHP code the right way (https://phptherightway.com/)
- Excellent knowledge about the Symfony framework internals and being able to build applications that are more than simple CRUDs or CMSes
- Excellent database / SQL skills, including performance optimization and normalization
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience designing and developing CLI tools for background tasks and/or automation
- Experience with test process like TDD and BDD
- Be skilled with Git including rebases, squashing commits and using bisect to find where bugs were introduced
- Experience with Linux and the command line
Work type: Permanent
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Annual Leave
- Birthday Off
- Volunteering Time-off
- Wellness Day
- Medical Insurance Allowance
- Remote Working
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world. We work with charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, we base all of our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include charities such as Amnesty International, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, as well as educational membership associations and government bodies.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.