A big hello from the team at Compuco!
At Compuco we empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We work with charities across their digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations reimagine the way they work so they can focus on impact.
We are seeking a talented and experienced manual QA engineer to work with us on a range of high impact open source projects for the not for profit sector.
As a distributed company with an HQ in London and team members from all around the world, one of the things that makes working at Compuco special is the chance to meet, mix and learn from people from an amazing array of nationalities and cultures. We’re extremely proud of the way we work and the open culture we’ve developed.
Compuco is split into Agile product teams so an understanding of Agile methodologies is desirable. As a key member of one of these teams, you'll be involved in the entire development process, from understanding and helping write Acceptance Criteria to writing and maintaining test plans as well as executing them. Your principal focus will be to help us build high-quality products by finding and reporting bugs and glitches in our software using CiviCRM and Drupal (7 and 8), but there's a lot going on at Compuco so expect to be exposed to other technologies too!
As an Experienced QA Engineer you'll be responsible for:
* Review and analyse system specifications
* Work with Product Owner to improve Acceptance Criteria
* Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyse results
* Evaluate product code according to specifications
* Provide prompt feedback to engineering team
* Create detailed reports to document bugs and errors
* Assist Support and the Product owner to troubleshoot issues
* Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
* Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and share best practices
What we value in this role:
* You like working in Agile teams and work in a dynamic environment
* You are a team player who enjoys frequent collaboration within cross-functional teams
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail
* You are passionate about product quality
What we are looking for:
* 3 to 5 years of experience in a QA engineer role for Web applications.
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Previous experience as a QA engineer for business applications such as ERP, CRM or HR systems
* Familiarity with Agile working practices
* Ability to remain focused in a fast-paced environment
* Exposure to Drupal 7 and/or 8 or similar CMS platform
* Knowledge of testing REST APIs
* Working knowledge of PHP based test automation frameworks
* In-depth understanding of PHP and/or SQL (MySQL)
* Working knowledge of test management software such as TestLink
* BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Work type: Remote
Perks & Benefits:
* Paid Annual Leave
* Birthday Off
* Volunteering Time-off
* Wellness Day
* Medical Insurance Allowance
* Remote Working
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world. We work with charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, we base all of our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include charities such as Amnesty International, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, as well as educational membership associations and government bodies.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.