CiviCRM version 5.55.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release. Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade, as there are no ESR-specific bug-fixes or security issues at the moment. The current version of ESR is CiviCRM 5.51.x.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen. We thank all our partners, members and ESR subscribers, who are regular financial contributors. If you can, please donate.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.55
This version changes the database schema, has changes to the API, as well as the usual bugfixes and minor feature improvements.
- SearchKit: Add ability to search and filter by active periods. Makes it possible to join on related contacts limited by current relationship in SearchKit (24688), Fix Search Kit Tokens that only returned the first value for multi-selects (dev/core#3745: 24393), SearchKit - Don't show custom fields from disabled field groups (24687)
- FormBuilder: Add display-only field support (dev/core#3779: 24158), Store all values in submission record (24264)
- Message Templates:
- Contributions: when managing Price Fields, simplify description text for Display amounts on price fields (24630), core-extension for the 'Cancel' action is not enabled by default anymore (22686 and 24578), Stop adding 'In Progress' and 'Overdue' statuses to civicrm_contribution.contribution_status_id option group (dev/financial#201: 23074)
- Case: Fix formatting of 'money' custom fields (dev/core#3876: 24640)
- Import: Fix import of checkbox fields for Contacts (dev/core#3850: 24848)
- Scheduled Reminders: Improve scheduled reminder UI for selection of event specific date or time before event (dev/core#2535 : 24655)
- Admin Interface: many improvements to the core extension called "admin-ui", which replaces some old admin screens with SearchKit (ex: custom fields, option values, etc)
- Api4: Add Contact::mergeDuplicates action (24542), Handle all from and to relative dates in API4 (24663), Migrate JobLog page to API4 (24606), APIv4 - Fix Get operation to load options that depend on other options (24600)
- Hooks: Autoload services based on interfaces/annotations (24276)
- WordPress: Add system check for updated clean URL settings (dev/core#3839: 24477)
- htaccess support for OpenLiteSpeed webservers. (24666)
- Code Cleanup - combines
ApiExceptioninto one class. (24531, 24535, 24537, 24534 and 24536)
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Andie Hunt, Alice Frumin, Eli Lisseck; Agileware - Justin Freeman; BrightMinded Ltd - Bradley Taylor; Bund Deutscher PfadfinderInnen BaWue - David Geisel; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; Dave D; JMA Consulting - Seamus Lee; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire; NowaTech - Kasper Nowak; Oxfam Germany - Thomas Schüttler; Richard van Oosterhout; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan Saunders; Third Sector Design - Kurund Jalmi; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton, Wenjun Fan; Wildsight - Lars Sanders-Green.
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following reviewers contributed their comments:
AGH Strategies - Rennie Harrison; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy; Francesc Bassas i Bullich; Freewindrider; Greenpeace Central and Eastern Europe - Patrick Figel; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Brienne Kordis; SYSTOPIA Organisationsberatung - Björn Endres; Tadpole Collective - Kevin Cristiano; Third Sector Design - William Mortada; YesusHDS.
- Pledge write off functionality
- Standardise membership wording
- Settings - deprecate ‘serialize`
- Proposal to change footer in CiviCRM
- Civi 5.56 will be released about the same time Drupal 10 will be (Dec 6 / Dec 14). Testing welcome. Until CiviCRM is compatible you'll need to run a script or follow the manual instructions.
For more, subscribe to Eileen's dev-digest.
- Form Access Restrictions - Provides additional ways of restricting access to Contribution Pages or Event Registration pages. By Mathieu Lu - Coop SymbioTIC
- Duct Tape - Intergalactic duct-tape to simplify the CiviCRM user experience. By Mathieu Lu - Coop SymbioTIC
- Mailbatch - Allows sending emails to a previously defined selection of contacts. By Jofranz - SYSTOPIA Organisationsberatung
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
- Make a donation or contribute to a Make it happen campaign.
- If your organization wants to support our work, please become a member today.
- If you are a CiviCRM service provider, please become a partner.
CiviCRM is community driven and is sustained through contributions, good vibes, solidarity, and financial support from its community. Help CiviCRM do a world of good.