CiviCRM version 5.59.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release. Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade. The current version of ESR is CiviCRM 5.57.x.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen. We thank all our partners, members and ESR subscribers, who are regular financial contributors. If you can, please donate.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.59
This release heavily focuses on fixing obscure bugs, and a few new things for developers.
- Status Checks: Lower the severity of timezone warning (25583) - this is a warning to help hosting admins prepare their MySQL configurations for eventual event timezone support
- Oauth: fix Microsoft Azure Auth Code error (dev/core#2559: 25214)
- Extensions geeky things: Allow extensions to enable Smarty via mixin firstname.lastname@example.org (25369), Extension cannot find its own classes during install when opcache is enabled (dev/core#4055: 25379)
- Paypal: fix cancel/notify/return URLs on Drupal9 Webform (25376)
- Api4: Add ReportInstance entity (25226), Support autocompletes of the Entity entity (25409), Enhance metadata for OptionGroups (25188)
- SOAP endpoint: Disable extern/soap.php and remove the implementation (25317)
- Translation: Add support for extension .mo in [civicrm.l10n] (dev/translation#76: 25419), which makes it easier to update translations for core extensions using the Update Language extension
- Joomla: fix access to user permissions (dev/joomla#35: 67)
- PHP compatibility: many fixes for PHP 8.2, but not yet officially supported
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Alice Frumin, Andie Hunt; BrightMinded Ltd - Bradley Taylor; Christian Wach; Circle Interactive - Pradeep Nayak; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy; Dave D; Freeform Solutions - Herb van den Dool; jmacarthur98; JMA Consulting - Monish Deb, Seamus Lee; John Kingsnorth; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; Michael-Labriola; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire; Progressive Technology Project - Jamie McClelland; redcuillin; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan Saunders; Stephen Palmstrom; SYSTOPIA - Johannes Franz; Tadpole Collective - Kevin Cristiano; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton; Wildsight - Lars Sanders-Green.
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following reviewers contributed their comments:
This is only a short sample. For more, subscribe to Eileen's dev-digest.
- Tagged Logger - Provides more information about mailing mailing engagements, such as how many people contributed successfully after clicking on a mailing link.
- Zapier - Triggers a zap configured on zapier.com from CiviCRM
- Data Processor Export Tasks -
- CiviRepresent - A provider agnostic storage and api for data relating to boundaries and representatives.
- Opennorth - A provider for the civirepresent, making use of http://represent.opennorth.ca/
- More Greetings - Personalised Strings for all Contacts - provides advanced features for using personalised greetings compared to the integrated features in CiviCRM
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
- Make a donation or contribute to a Make it happen campaign.
- If your organization wants to support our work, please become a member today.
- If you are a CiviCRM service provider, please become a partner.
CiviCRM is community driven and is sustained through contributions, good vibes, solidarity, and financial support from its community. Help CiviCRM do a world of good.