Eli Beckerman is the second winner of a copy of Using CiviCRM from Packt Publishing. Eli is excited about the potential of CiviCRM to organize bottom-up transformations to deal collaboratively with the many crises facing the world today.
Packt has also selected a runner-up in its contest: an experienced CiviCRM user from the City Bible Forum, ken, will get a downloadable eBook copy of the book.
Here's some background on Using CiviCRM from Packt's site:
What you will learn from this book:
- Create a successful CiviCRM implementation project
- Install and configure CiviCRM in Joomla! or Drupal, understand advanced configuration options, and review the upgrade process in detail
- Get comfortable with the CiviCRM interface and understand the basic contact functionality and concepts to perform various contact records-related operations
- Collect data, organize it, and import it into the system to ensure smooth functioning of your projects
- Use CiviCRM to communicate efficiently and track case history with constituents.
- Build an integrated system to solicit, retain, and manage your donors and members through robust management and reporting tools for administrators
- Take advantage of the many CiviCRM tools for generating both simple and complex event structures and managing registrants through every phase of the project
- Integrate the grant management process with your other constituent management activities, making your organization a more efficient and productive financial support provider
- Make reports using the various templates to retrieve, display and analyze your data
This book is a step-by-step tutorial with practical examples, introduced by a planning framework and illustrations of good relationship management techniques for a variety of situations. We begin with basics such as installation, low-level implementation, and CiviCRM's core modules before covering CiviCRM's advanced features and issues such as customization of CiviCRM and integrating it with Joomla! and Drupal. You should be able to quickly grasp and implement the basic elements of CiviCRM before moving on to the more advanced features and tools.
Who this book is written for
This book is for project implementers, organization leaders, staff, and volunteers in advocacy, non-profit, and non-governmental organizations, elected officials, professional/trade associations, political campaigns and parties, government agencies, and other similar organizations who want to implement CiviCRM in a manner tailored to their organization's size, culture, and needs. It addresses CRM strategists, implementers, administrators, and end users looking to become power users in communicating, fundraising, managing events, memberships, grants, cases, and people-resource management.
For more information or to order your copy, go to https://www.packtpub.com/using-civicrm/book.