UK October 2018 - CiviCRM Developer Training
The Developer Training is taking place at Hagg Farm, Bamford and is running alongside the CiviCRM sprint at the same venue.
Accomodation and food will be provided in the cost and you will spend 2 days at the sprint venue. The annual sprint sees up to 30 CiviCRM developers and implementors gather together to work on CiviCRM and share expertise. Following a successful format last year, we are having the developer training at the sprint location as we would like to both introduce the developer training attendees to the CiviCRM community and we will ask experts attending the Sprint to run a number of additional masterclasses which you can attend.
If you would like to attend the whole sprint please let us know. This can be arranged at no extra cost.
We try to be flexible with the agenda to meet participant needs and expectations, and the final agenda may change.
At its core is a set of sessions that cover everything you need to get your development environment up and running, and to start writing extensions and improving core. As well as this, we're running a set of master classes on the latest techniques and technologies by subject matter experts.
Topic areas include:
- How CiviCRM works - code layout and architecture
- Extending CiviCRM - hooks, APIs, custom PHP files and templates.
- Native Extension - civix and more.
- Testing - unit tests and webtests
- Advanced features - message templates, batch update via profile, checksum authentication, command-line scripts.
- Internationalization - including translation tools and multilingual sites
- Integration with Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress - including user/contact synchronization, Profiles, Organic Groups, Views2, Joomla extensions
- Debugging - tips and tricks
- Sprint Masterclasses - program TBC
If there is something specific that you would like to see covered, please let us know.
Participants should bring a laptop with wifi capabilities to this training so they can take part in training exercises. You should have a local copy of the latest stable release of CiviCRM installed and running on your laptop, as well as a text editor that you can use to view and edit PHP and HTML code.
New to CiviCRM?
If you are new to CiviCRM, we strongly recommend that you review the free online book - CiviCRM a comprehensive guide, especially the developer section, in preparation for the training. If scheduling allows, consider attending a CiviCRM User and Administrator training session prior to this class. You should also review the CiviCRM architecture blog post series.
About our Fees
Event fees go toward meeting the expenses involved in running this training. Any surpluses will go toward improving CiviCRM and the CiviCRM community.
Any queries, please contact Rose Lanigan email@example.com
Outdoor Education Centre
Bamford S33 0BJ, Derbyshire
|Two day training||£ 500.00|