Register for CiviCon London 2017 to receive a £50 discount code for this training course
The Developer Training is taking place at Duvale Priory, Bampton, Tiverton, EX16 9EG and is running alongside the CiviCRM sprint at the same venue.
Accomodation and food will be provided in the cost (we will ask you for your dietary requirements) and you will spend 2 days at the sprint venue. The annual sprint sees up to 30 CiviCRM developers and implementors gather together to work on CiviCRM and share expertise. This year we have decided to have the developer training at the sprint location as we would like to both introduce the developer training attendees to the CiviCRM community and we will ask experts attending the Sprint to run a number of additional masterclasses which you can attend.
If you woudl like to attend the whole sprint please let us know (see contact details below). This can be arranged at no extra cost.
We try to be flexible with the agenda to meet participant needs and expectations, and the final agenda may change.
Topic areas include:
- How CiviCRM works - code layout and architecture
- Extending CiviCRM - hooks, APIs, custom PHP files and templates.
- Native Extension - civix and more.
- Testing - unit tests and webtests
- Advanced features - message templates, batch update via profile, checksum authentication, command-line scripts.
- Internationalization - including translation tools and multilingual sites
- Integration with Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress - including user/contact synchronization, Profiles, Organic Groups, Views2, Joomla extensions
- Debugging - tips and tricks
- Sprint Masterclasses - program TBC
Participants should bring a laptop with wifi capabilities to this training so they can take part in training exercises. You should have a local copy of the latest stable release of CiviCRM installed and running on your laptop, as well as a text editor that you can use to view and edit PHP and HTML code.
If you are new to CiviCRM, we strongly recommend that you review the free online book - CiviCRM a comprehensive guide, especially the developer section, in preparation for the training. If scheduling allows, consider attending a CiviCRM User and Administrator training session prior to this class.
If you have any queries regarding the training including details of travel arrangements please contact Parvez Saleh / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bampton, Devon EX16 9EG
|2 day training||£ 500.00|