Configuring, Customizing and Extending CiviCRM - Toronto
We try to be flexible with the agenda to meet participant needs and expectations, and the final agenda may change. Topics will include:
- How CiviCRM works - code layout and architecture
- Extending CiviCRM - hooks, APIs, custom PHP files and templates, CMS agnostic extensions
- Advanced features - message templates, batch update via profile, checksum authentication, command-line scripts
- Internationalization - including translation tools and multilingual sites
- Integration with Drupal, Joomla and Wordpress - including user/contact synchronization, Profiles, Organic Groups, Views2, Joomla extensions
- Debugging - tips and tricks
If there is something specific that you would like to see covered, let us know on the event Wiki page (details in confirmation page and email).
Participants should bring a laptop with wifi capabilities to this training so they can take part in training exercises. You should have a local copy of the latest stable release of CiviCRM installed and running on your laptop, as well as a text editor that you can use to view and edit PHP and HTML code.
New to CiviCRM?
If you are new to CiviCRM, we strongly recommend that you review the free online book - CiviCRM Developer guide - in preparation for the training. If scheduling allows, consider attending the CiviCRM User and Administrator training session on November 7th - 8th in Toronto. You should also review the CiviCRM architecture blog post series.
About our Fees
Event fees go toward meeting the expenses involved in running this training. Any surpluses will go toward improving CiviCRM and the CiviCRM community.
158 Pearl St.
Toronto, Ontario M5H 1L3
|Two full days training + lunches||$ 400.00|
|Two full days training + lunches - small org (<$100k annual budget)||$ 300.00|