Last updated: 2022-09-23
Works with CiviCRM 5.0 or higher.
This extension allows users to get their CiviCRM assigned activities into their Google Calendar or similar calendaring applications, by providing a feed of each user's assigned activities in iCalendar format, ready to be subscribed to from within Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.
- General description: This module provides an iCalendar feed for each CiviCRM contact containing the contact's upcoming (future) assigned activities, suitable for subscription via Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, and/or similar software.
- Activities are represented as VEVENT objects, matching applicable properties (DTSTART, DTEND based on duration, etc.) where possible and appending names of any other assignees to the DESCRIPTION property.
- Feed can include activities of any type, including client-defined activity types.
- Feed includes activities with a status of "Scheduled" or any client-defined activity status.
- To conserve server resources, feeds are cached at a site-wide configurable interval.
- A contact's feed shows all activities having that contact assigned, even if other contacts are also assigned.
- Users with sufficient permissions can easily determine the correct URL for their contact's activities feed by viewing the URL in CiviCRM. Administrative users can easily retrieve the feed URL for any contact.
- URL includes a persistent random hash to limit other parties' attempts at guessing the URL and viewing the contact's feed; this hash can be re-generated by the user (if sufficiently permissioned) or by an administrator in case, for example, the URL becomes known to the wrong people.