Now that 1.9 stable is out - most of the team has been focusing heavily on the 2.0 queue
. If you've been "following along" - you know that this release includes substantial changes to the core schema. We think these changes will simplify and streamline many of the most commonly used queries. The good news is that most of the code re-writes needed to support the schema change are now in place and most core functionality is running again :-) On the flip-side - the QA effort for this release will need to be exhaustive - and we're counting on everyone out there who uses CiviCRM to step up and help us pound on the release once we hit Alpha.
The candidate feature list for 2.0 is still a bit fluid. We're going to try and squeeze in some additional CiviEvent improvements based on the increasing traction we're seeing - and incorporating suggestions and requests that have been coming in on the forum. Improvements being considered include:
- Allow participants to see other participants (e.g. view participant list for an event from a static url)
- Duplicate registration detection (check against email, if duplicate give status and abort).
- One-step offline Event Registration (e.g. option to create associated contribution record and send receipt/confirmation).
- Pay-by-check / pay-later option for Events (using "Pending" status)
- Streamlined event registration for free events (skip confirmation step)
Check out the full 2.0 Roadmap
for a complete listing. If there are items on the list that are high priority for you or your organization and don't yet have an associated Jira issue number - consider whether you can contribute any resources to help get them done. This could include coding, early testing, documentation, etc.
The issue tracker currently has 31 open issues for 2.0. Our short-term target is to knock off ~10 issues each week so we can get the queue down to < 10 by Thanksgiving.