Last updated: 2021-06-01
Works with CiviCRM 5.0 or higher.
Aims to fill the gap for the following type of needs:
- Imports that can be configured/programmed once, then let CiviCRM administrators handle the regular imports of data.
- Easy workflows that don't ask too many questions (field mappings, file/format options).
- Support imports from various data sources, such as Excel, OpenDocument or custom formats (ex: fixed-width text files).
- Easy review of errors, re-importing only rows that had errors (once the issue that caused the error is fixed).
- Tracks which row of data modified which CiviCRM entity (ex: helps to review that the import worked as expected).
- Supports large files (as long as your server allows uploading them, it has been tested with Excel files with an average of 50,000 rows).
Out of the box, this extension supports importing APIv3 entities (similar to csvimport, although csvimport has been more extensively tested).
This extension is intended as a base extension so that implementors can write their own import scripts, without re-inventing the wheel every time (error handling, file parsing, etc).