This extension provides additional mail merge tokens for CiviCRM that pull in CMS data. (You may also want to check out my Fancy Tokens
extension) These can be used when creating a single email, mass email or PDF letters. Click on the "insert token" link and you will see a series of additional tokens such as:
- Content of type 'article' created in the last 7 days
- Content of type 'blog' created in the last 4 weeks
- Content of type 'forum' created in the last 3 months
- Content with category 'beaches' created in the last 7 days
- Content with category 'mountains' created in the last 4 weeks
- Content with category 'forests' created in the last 3 months
- Content from feed 'CiviCRM blog' created in the last 3 months
These tokens can be a time-saver when preparing email newsletters. If used in combination with a CMS aggregator (such as the core Drupal Aggregator module) then CiviCRM can be used to send email blasts with virtually any content source.
The content types listed are determined based on content types in your database associated with at least 1 published content item (ie Drupal node or WordPress post or Joomla content). If running under Drupal, the categories listed are your Drupal taxonomy terms. If running under WordPress, the categories listed are your WordPress terms. If running under Joomla, the categories listed are your Joomla categories.
The number in the token (such as 4 weeks) can be changed to any number, such as 15 weeks.
This extension can be safely installed in CiviCRM under any CMS.
This extension has been tested with Drupal 6, Drupal 7 and Joomla 3. It should also work with WordPress.
Installation Note: If your CMS tables are in a different database than your CiviCRM tables then you will need to verify that the CiviCRM database user has permission to query tables in the CMS database.