Last updated: 2018-11-27
Works with CiviCRM 4.7 and should work on CiviCRM 5.0 or higher
This extension allows CiviCRM to send emails and process bounces through the SparkPost service.
It was designed with the following goals and/or features:
- be trivial to install and configure, even for the novice users
- self-configure when possible and check that everything is appropriately setup
- integrate as seamlessly as possible within CiviCRM, neatly replacing other email options
- be nimble and fast, and in particular use the REST API rather than SMTP, and use real-time callbacks
- have a 'service provider' mode in which the same SparkPost account can be used for multiple clients
- accurate processing of bounces with in-depth analysis and translation of all bounce codes
It sends both transactional and CiviMail emails through the SparkPost service. Bounces are processed through a callback (no need for an email account dedicated to bounce processing), but CiviCRM only processes bounces for CiviMail-originated emails. We are planning to extend bounce processing to transactional emails in the short term.
Opens and click-throughs as still tracked by CiviCRM as there is no added-value in having these tracked by SparkPost.