CiviCRM version 5.49.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release. Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade, as there are no ESR-specific bug-fixes or security issues at the moment. The current version of ESR is CiviCRM 5.45.x.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen. We thank all our partners, members and ESR subscribers, who are regular financial contributors. If you can, please donate.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.49
This version changes the database schema, has changes to the API, as well as the usual bugfixes and minor feature improvements.
- User interface changes:
- The "View Relationship" screen now displays the created and modified dates (22909)
- Replace entity icons: displays font-awesome icons instead of the old image GIFs in the user interface for contact types and recent items (dev/user-interface#26: 23094 and 23073)
- When navigating to and from the contact page, preserve the tab that was active (dev/core#3003: 22316)
- SearchKit: Allow creation of new records via in-place edit. For example, allows an email record to be created if one does not already exist via in-place edit (22376), Auto-enable during normal installation (22952), Add CiviMail action (22808), Improve checkbox UX for bulk actions (22906), Add icon support (23034)
- Form Builder: Compose layouts with multiple SearchKit displays, which permits composing a dashboard-like layout (22887), Easier layout creation with predefined container styles and built-in title (22975),
- CiviCase: Improves Case Detail Report by making the case ID available and making the subject field optional (22973), Fix issues with case sorting/searching from case dashboard (21514)
- CiviContribute: Add support for financial account custom fields (23067), Add page id and template type as data attributes in contribution templates (21945), Proposal - make future recurring contribution instances modifiable and not fail if the only contribution is deleted (Work towards dev/financial#6: 21473 and 21470), Do not display partially paid & partially refunded for selection on edit (23076)
- Personal Campaign Pages (PCP): Account creation profile does not support contact image (dev/core#2986: 22223)
- CiviEvent: Event Locations are no longer duplicated for every event (23041), Workflow template for offline event improvements, locks in availability of participant and event tokens along with the standard smarty variables of contactID, participantID and eventID. (22904)
- Api4: add Logging Entity (23129), RecentItems (23099), export action on UFGroup and UFField (22832), Allow API4 match to match an empty value (22882)
- Drupal6: ends support for the Drupal6 integration (22960)
- Obscure bug fixes: Fix recurring membership term when using price sets (dev/membership#41: 22825), Contact Type get Changed after renewal with credit card (dev/core#2833: 21467), Users cannot be created if no unsupervised deduping rule exists (dev/core#2918: 22804)
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Alice Frumin, Andie Hunt; Blackfly Solutions - Alan Dixon; BrightMinded Ltd - Bradley Taylor; Christian Wach; Circle Interactive - Pradeep Nayak; CiviCoop - Jaap Jansma; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; Dave D; Future Processing - Adrian; Fuzion - Luke Stewart; Ginkgo Street Labs - Michael Z Daryabeygi; iXiam - Vangelis Pantazis; JMA Consulting - Monish Deb, Seamus Lee; Klangsoft - David Reedy Jr; Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire; Oxfam Germany - Thomas Schüttler; PERORA SRL - Samuele Masetto; Progressive Technology Project - Jamie McClelland; Skvare - Sunil Pawar; Tadpole Collective - Kevin Cristiano; Third Sector Design - Kurund Jalmi; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton.
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following reviewers contributed their comments:
Agileware - Justin Freeman; ALL IN APPLI; Artful Robot - Rich Lott; Australian Greens - John Twyman; Betty Dolfing; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy, Samuel Vanhove, Shane Bill; Francesc Bassas i Bullich; JMA Consulting - Joe Murray; Richard van Oosterhout; Semper IT - Karin Gerritsen.
- Extension authors are encouraged to read Civix v22.05: How to remove a million lines of extra code
- Registration for CiviCamp Berlin on May 16 is open
- There was discussion about the Drupal8 end of life
- CiviEvent Timezone discussions - things are stable for now, but still work to do
- Coleman is working on SearchKit data-segmentation feature that will allow the creation of summary tables (among other uses) such as “Donation levels”
- Wording changes (including opt out) on unsubscribe form
- Extension developers: the pseudo-setting contribution_invoice_settings - is almost ready to remove from core - it has been deprecated a long time but it might be worth grepping your extensions to ensure you do not reference it.
- The Sparkpost extension has moved to Gitlab and has new maintainers (thanks Nicolas from Cividesk and Jaap from CiviCoop!).
- Eileen declared that 15 April was ‘Tim appreciation day’ - for the emoji polls, the mind-spinning deep dive analysis, the incredible technical chops, the witty responses, the impromptu essays and because, in the immortal words of Coleman… "He's a good guy"
For more, subscribe to Eileen's dev-digest.
- Edit Event Fee - Allow participants to edit a pending event registration. By Mathieu Lu - Coop Symbiotic.
- Benchmarktools - An APIv3 tool that run synthetic benchmarks using various CiviCRM and non-CiviCRM components so that it can simulate a heavy workload and introduce stress-test on to the server that it's being used. By Vangelis P - iXiam.
- API Logger - This extension allows you to log all (or selected) API requests going through your system. You can later replay the logged API Calls. By Jaap Jansma - CiviCoop.
- Self-service cancel only - When event self-service cancellation is enabled, do not allow to transfer a registration. By Mathieu Lu - Coop Symbiotic.
- Google Groups Integration - Uses Google's directory API to sync Google Groups member list with that of contacts in CiviCRM Groups. By Deepak Srivastava - Mountev Ltd.
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
- Make a donation or contribute to a Make it happen campaign.
- If your organization wants to support our work, please become a member today.
- If you are a CiviCRM service provider, please become a partner.
CiviCRM is community driven and is sustained through contributions, good vibes, solidarity, and financial support from its community. Help CiviCRM do a world of good.