A big hello from the team at Compuco!
At Compuco we empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world.
We’re on the lookout for an exceptional DevOps engineer to join our growing team. Your work will have a significant impact and the role will expose you to working on a range of open-source projects for the not-for-profit sector.
You will be working with other DevOps engineers, but also with PO, development and QA teams, helping to define the deployment tools and processes in Compuco.
We’re a very process-driven team and constantly seek to develop and refine the way we work to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest quality service to our clients and to the sector as a whole. We’re looking for someone with a “can do” attitude to join our growing team.
As a distributed company with an HQ in London and team members from all around the world, one of the things that make working at Compuco special is the chance to meet, mix and learn from people from an amazing array of nationalities and cultures. We’re extremely proud of the way we work and the open culture we’ve developed.
- Develop and maintain production infrastructure and mission-critical systems.
- Liaise with Development, QA, POs and other stakeholders to be aligned with the needs of the company infrastructure.
- Stay up to date with security best practices and integrate security at every level of the stack.
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure issues for live environments.
- Provide infrastructure architecture advice for Compuco development teams.
- Investigate new infrastructure technology and solutions.
- Considerable experience in developing automation using Ansible.
- Experience with running containers in production (Docker / Swarm Preferable).
- Web server and PHP applications administration experience (NGINX preferable).
- Experience with cloud technologies (our stack is mainly AWS).
- Database administration experience (Mysql or equivalent).
- Experience with Drupal administration.
- Excellent Linux administration skills.
- Good Git skills.
- Experience using Jenkins for infrastructure tasks automation (nice to have).
What we value in this role:
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills.
- Must love creating awesome documentation!
- Can do / make it happen attitude.
- And most of all - you are a team player who likes to collaborate with other members of a larger team!
Location: Hybrid working (office based in Shoreditch, London) or Fully Remote
Salary range: £35-43.5k
Our mission is to empower socially responsible organisations with the digital tools they need to build a better world. We work with charities across the digital stack helping them to rebuild their processes using flexible open source tools. We help organisations streamline and reimagine the way they work so that they can focus on impact.
We’re a distributed team, with staff in over 15 countries and a head office in London. We offer flexible hours and a real “team” mentality, working together to make things better.
Uniquely, we base all of our solutions on open source products, helping our work to have the greatest possible impact. In particular, we do a lot of our work on the Drupal CMS platform and a not-for-profit focussed CRM platform called CiviCRM. Our clients include charities such as Amnesty International, Farm Africa and Wikimedia, as well as educational membership associations and government bodies.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship or disability.
We have a broad range of benefits including:
- Paid annual leave
- Birthday off
- Volunteering time off
- Wellness day
- Medical insurance allowance
- Paid leave for personal development and learning
- Remote working