We are looking for a talented individual to join our team working with a wide variety of charitable and non-profit clients.
Key skills: PHP, JS frameworks, CRM, relational databases, website development
Type of employment: Full-time Permanent
Job location: 5 days working from home
Salary: £32,000-£36,000 per annum, depending on experience
Application deadline: 12th September 2021
We are a UK based digital agency who helps charitable organisations and non-profits improve their impact through the development of tools and technical solutions. These online tools and solutions are based on a solid understanding of how our clients work and what they want to achieve. For example; Membership management systems or online grant application systems.
We are a small team looking for a talented individual that shares our passion for our work, and has demonstrable experience in, our field of work.
Our primary software tool is CiviCRM - an open source CRM designed primarily for non-profits. We use this together with complementary tools to build solutions for our clients.
New projects typically include an initial requirements phase, a software build phase, existing data migration, client staff training on how to use the system and development of custom software as needed. The primary focus of your role, within new projects, will be to work with the existing team to specify the project requirements, undertake software configuration and contribute towards new back end/front end code according to your skill set.
We also maintain client systems on a long term basis, which includes software updates, system amendments, client support and responding to new change requests.
As part of our team you will be asked to assist with client support and all of its aspects.
Day to day activities
You'll work with our small team at Northbridge Digital. On a day to day basis, you will:
- work with clients to understand what system design is the right solution
- configure, write, test, deploy and maintain systems and code for clients
- document and publicise our work
- empower our clients to make the best use of the tools we have implemented for them
- participate in community events such as conferences, meetups, and sprints
- work on internal tools and systems
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone that can hit the ground running.
You don’t need to have all of the following skills and experience, but the best candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in many of these areas:
- Developing web applications (not just simple ‘wordpress websites’)
- Working with CRM (CiviCRM experience very desirable but not required)
- PHP and PHP frameworks (or other similar languages, e.g. python)
- Integrating external APIs (e.g. payment services, email service providers, SMS)
- Front end/UI/UX skills (including CSS and JS frameworks)
- Contributing to open source projects
- Active participation in a community (can be real world or online, technical or non technical, e.g. a software community, a local club or association)
- Working with non profits in a professional or voluntary capacity
- WordPress, Drupal or similar content management systems
Benefits and working environment
We are a mainly remote team with an office near Manchester, UK.
A candidate living within the UK North West area or West Yorkshire area would be desirable. But it is not at all essential.
The role may involve some international travel for conferences.
We have been a mainly remote organisation for the last 9 years. With a central office location but home working staff.
To apply, please email your CV, along with a covering letter that explains why you would like to work with us and highlights your relevant skills and experience, and links to any supporting resources (e.g. your github profile, examples of your work, etc.) to email@example.com.
Feel free to call or email with any questions about the role before submitting your application.
Call on (+44) 07830 247789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.