Learn to build a website integration yourself with Wordpress and CiviCRM
Duration: 3,5 hrs
CMS: Wordpress with CiviCRM
Date: 29 November 2021
Time: 9-12.30 CET (GMT +1)
Cost: €150,00 (excl. VAT)
Max nr. of participants: 5
Separate CiviCRM and Wordpress environments available for each participant.
What is required from you:
* Some understanding of CiviCRM configuration
* Some interest in IT solutions
Who is the training for:
- CiviCRM users that need an integration with their WordPress website similar to the use case “Collecting specific data from constituents”
- Basic training for those already using CiviCRM but looking for extending automation of processes
The training covers a specific use case:
Organisation Save the Forest needs volunteers to help with a forest care project in a region. There is a longstanding list of contacts with limited data available in a spreadsheet. Many contacts lack up-to-date addresses and mail addresses. Save the Forest also needs people’s availability and skills to be able to execute the project and a volunteer’s contact in case of emergency.
Therefore the contacts are imported into CiviCRM so all data is centralized and we will add new data via a web form on which contacts can add their own data. In CiviCRM we add custom fields, send out a mailing to all imported contacts inviting them to add data via a webform, thus creating the webform that volunteers will use to add data to their contact record in CiviCRM.
By the end of the training, you will have:
- imported contacts into CiviCRM from a spreadsheet
- created custom fields
- created a mailing template with tokens and a link to a web form
- created a web form with prefilled fields, custom fields and everything linked to a form processor in CiviCRM that will put all data in the right place and trigger a confirmation email after form submission
It will be a hands-on training during which you will be guided through the whole process step-by-step. You will do everything yourself with the trainer helping you out where necessary, showing how and what to do.
If you have any questions, please contact Erik Brouwer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Betty Dolfing (email@example.com).