CiviCRM 1.4: A Free and Open Source eCRM Solution
We are pleased to announce the latest release of CiviCRM - version 1.4.
Special thanks to the dedicated folks who contributed to this release by testing the beta revisions - and to everyone in the community who provided new ideas, feedback(especially critical feedback), and patches.
CiviCRM is the first open source and freely downloadable constituent relationship management solution. CiviCRM is web-based, internationalized, and designed specifically to meet the needs of advocacy, non-profit and non-governmental groups.
New to CiviCRM? Read more...
What's new in 1.4?
- Offer Premiums (thank-you gifts) to online and offline contributors
- CiviMail - an optional email broadcast component - includes integrated subscribe/unsubscribe, bounce handling, open and click-thru tracking...
... A big ++ to the folks at CivicActions who contributed enormously to getting CiviMail "production-ready".
- Limit Profile-based search and listings by Group - so you can easily use Profiles for public directories of specific subsets of people or organizations.
- Use Profile forms to "update" info for logged in users.
- Specify custom post-submit URLs for Profile forms (... plus a number of other cool Profile features).
- Assign Tags to contacts during import.
- Integrated contribution+contact search allows you to find/segment contributors using a variety of criteria.
- Search on custom fields by range
- Import Activity History data
...and v1.4 is compatible with Drupal 4.7 and MySQL 5.0.
You can read the roadmap release summary here...
... and see a complete listing of ALL changes and bug fixes here...
Get CiviCRM: Demo, Downloads & Documentation
- Test drive CiviCRM on our demo site.
- Download CiviCRM.
- Review Online Documentation, including a Quick Start Guide and a detailed
- Detailed manual installation instructions are available for:
- An automated installer for 1.4 will be available in an upcoming CivicSpace release.
Upgrading from v1.3
If you are upgrading an existing 1.3 site (working with a copy of the site-of course), we have provided a database upgrade script.
Detailed Upgrade Instructions
- CiviCRM has been downloaded over 4,000 times and has been installed by almost 1,000 groups.
- Over 100 individuals and consultants have participated in the design and development of CiviCRM.
- Consulting firms from one-person shops to organizations with a staff of 18 offer CiviCRM-based services.
- Open visibility and community participation in bugs, features and product roadmaps.
- Active translation community with efforts complete or under way for Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Khmer, Polish, Spanish, Thai and Traditional Chinese.
CiviCRM is in active development and constantly improving.
Voice your opinion on the 1.5 release by posting your ideas.
CiviCRM is a web-based solution that runs locally on a web server or on a hosting provider. Installs on local machines should consider using the XAMPP/WAMP stacks which almost painlessly installs Apache/PHP/MySQL.
- Apache 1.3+ or 2.0+
- PHP 4.3.3+ or 5.0+
- MySQL 4.0, 4.1 or 5.0
- Drupal 4.6.3+ or 4.7
- Joomla 1.0.3+ / Mambo 4.5.3+
About the Social Source Foundation
The Social Source Foundation is a 501-c-3 nonprofit creating internationalized, open source software of uncompromising quality for the nonprofit and nongovernmental sectors. Social Source Foundation is one of many partners in the creation of the CiviCRM platform, providing primary engineering support for the software. More info about Social Source Foundation and CiviCRM contributors and partners...
How Do I Participate in the CiviCRM Project?
Interested parties are encouraged to participate in the development of CiviCRM. This can take the form of providing use cases, feedback on existing functionality, feature suggestions, code contributions, documentation contributions and beta testing.