Penguin Day is coming to San Francisco on Saturday, April 25, 2009, right before the NTC. The agenda includes several CiviCRM-related sessions - both for folks just checking out CiviCRM, and for experienced users / developers. Several members of the CiviCRM core team and our new Community Advisory Group will be in attendance as well as - so it's a great way to make "civi-connections".
You can register now at the Penguin Day site.
Penguin Day Details
Penguin Days are designed to let nonprofits and social justice activists learn about free and open source software that can support their work and potentially save them money, including tools for web publishing, fundraising, blogging, and campaigning.
Full details are at www.penguinday.org
. Thanks to the generosity of Google, we're delighted to grant fee waivers to anyone who needs one!
The latest agenda can be found here
and we encourage anyone who wants to add a session or topic to do so!
Sessions will include:
- Introduction to Free and Open Source Software
- Introduction to Free and Open Source Desktop Applications
- Fundraising with all free software
- Free And Open Source Online Advocacy: Tools And Best Practices
- Online Fundraising With All Free and Open Tools
- Introduction to Linux
- Making sense of Free and Open Source Content Management Systems
- Introduction to Blogging with Wordpress
- Intro and Advanced sessions on Joomla! and Drupal
- Intro to CiviCRM - fundraising, events, membership management and constituent communications
- Cool Techniques for Integrating CiviCRM with Content Management Systems (including Views, CCK, Hooks and more)
- CiviCRM vs Salesforce.com: What Are the Differences?
- Increasing Access with Community Broadband in SF
- Learnings from Google Summers of Code
- Mobile Volunteering: The ExtraOrdinaries Project
- Healthy and Sustainable Free and Open Source Communities
- Helping Techies and Non-Techies Communicate and Cooperate
- Creative Commons And Open Content
- Free and Open Source Firewalls
Penguin Day San Francisco is happening at the Odd Fellows Hall at 7th and Market Street, in the heart of downtown.
Penguin Day SF is organized by Aspiration, NOSI, PICnet, CiviCRM, and Chicago Technology Cooperative, and generously sponsored by Google.