Lobo and I woke up at 5:30am (ouch) today to conduct the CiviCRM Webinar. A dark and stormy morning in New Zealand - but evidently a good time for the Webinar (11am PDT) - as we had an awesome turnout (40+ folks registered).
The session was billed as in introduction to CiviCRM - so we spent most of the time describing the key features and components (contributions, memberships, event registration, etc.). In order to give folks a better idea of CiviCRM in Action
- I created a separate slide-show with screenshots of CiviCRM pages from a variety of live sites...
- User registration with CiviCRM profiles - from Amnesty International
- Multiple online contribution pages (campaign-specific) - from The Conservation Fund
- Membership signup - from NYAMA
- Event listing and registration - from The Foundation for Prader-Willi Research
- Searchable South African NGO eirectory - from SangoNet
Pulling these together was fun - and I think sharing them helps folks understand better the power of CiviCRM and particularly our integration with the CMS's.
Feedback from the attendees was quite positive - and Anna Richter from NTEN has invited us to do a follow-up Ask the Experts
(Q and A) webinar later this year. We'll post the dates and info once this is set.
You can download a copy of the PowerPoint slides we used, as well as a transcript of the Webinar Q/A here.