The team is excited to announce the release of CiviCRM 3.1 Stable. You can download
the release AND / OR try it out on our demo sites
The version number for the initial stable release is 3.1.1. There was an invalid 3.1.0 distribution on Sourceforge for a few hours. If you downloaded that version, please discard and re-download 3.1.1.
v3.1 includes several COOL new features:
- Contact Subtypes - Extend (and / or rename) the built-in contact types and create custom fields specific to a subtype (e.g. Staff vs. Volunteer custom fields). Thanks to the folks at Alpha International for sponsoring this much-requested feature (learn more...).
- Personal Dashboards - Each CiviCRM user can now configure their own dashboard (CiviCRM Home) to include summary data that's important to their work. Any available 'CiviReports' can be embedded in the dashboard in tabular or graphical format (learn more...).
- HTML Emails for Receipts, Event Confirmations and more - Templates for all system-generated emails are now stored in the database and editable by administrators. You can easily add styles, logos and more to your emails.
- HTML layout overhaul for online contribution pages - Phase 1 in efforts to make front-end CiviCRM pages much easier to style / modify via CSS (learn more...). Thanks to Kyle Jaster and the folks at rayogram.com..
- Usability improvements - Streamlined DATE input and list sorting widgets. Prevent users from losing work by alerting them if they try to navigate away from a form with unsaved changes.
- Support for Price Sets in Online Contribution Pages - Provides the flexibility to incorporate more complex contribution options (e.g. "Contribute $25 more to receive our monthly magazine.").
- Custom Data Groups Extensibility - Custom data groups can now be shared between multiple types of Activities, Events, Participant Roles etc. (flashback..)
- Access Control for Reports - Access control list (ACL) based permissioning is now applied to report data.
... and lots of other improvements. Check out the 3.1 Roadmap
for a good overview. Or you can review a compete listing of new features, improvements and bug fixes on the issue tracker
A big thanks to all the folks who downloaded, tested and submitted bug reports during the 3.1 release cycle.
You can download CiviCRM 3.1 at our download page
. Select from the Newest Files
section. The filenames include the 3.1 label: civicrm-3.1.0…
. Be sure and download the correct version for your CMS (Drupal / Joomla! / Standalone).
New 3.1 Installations
If you are installing CiviCRM 3.1 from scratch, use the installation instructions linked below:
Upgrading to 3.1 Stable
If you are upgrading an existing 2.2 / 3.0 site (working with a copy of the site, of course) OR upgrading from an earlier version of 3.1 (alpha or beta releases), we have provided a browser-based database upgrade script. Instructions for upgrading are here:
Reporting Issues and Bugs
We look forward to getting your feedback on the release in the coming days. If you have questions about installing, upgrading and / or using 3.1 features - or you're seeing a problem and you're not sure if it's a bug - please post your issue to the applicable section of the Community Forum
. Include as many specifics as possible about the issue or question.
Bugs should be reported via our issue tracking system
. Please select 3.1 in the ‘Affects Version’ dropdown. You will need to register as a user – this ensures that we can follow-up with you on your bug reports if necessary. Please ensure that the bug you’ve found is not reported already by checking the open issues queue