CiviCRM version 5.21.0 is now out and ready to download.
This is a regular monthly release. It is also an Extended Security Release (ESR).
Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience:
- To download CiviCRM 5.21: https://civicrm.org/download
- To download CiviCRM 5.21 ESR: https://civicrm.org/esr - note that you can currently download the 'official' 5.21.0 release, and future versions of ESR will be available on the usual distribution channels for future ESR releases.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.21
This version changes the database schema, has changes to the API, as well as the usual bugfixes and minor feature improvements.
- Contact Merge: Default to 'copy' for non-empty fields on merge screen.
- Advanced Search and Participant Search: More filters have been exposed as URL options so that it is possible to link to the form with preset filters.
- Interface: The transparency effect was removed from the CiviCRM menu to improve readability.
- Countries: Renamed "Macedonia, Republic of" to "North Macedonia".
- Option Groups: Editing the 'name' property is now restricted and it is not possible to have spaces in the 'name'. The upgrade process fixes any group names with spaces.
- CiviCase and CiviGrant: a few usability improvements.
- CiviMail: Fixed broken unsubscribe links if the mailing was sent to recipients with an excluded group.
- Reports: Improve performance of CSV exports with custom fields.
- Reports: Fix contact sub-type "is not one of" filtering.
- Reports: The broken charts were removed from the Lybunt report.
- PayPal integration: a parameter was added to the PayPal checkout process so that one can make a contribution without having to create an account.
- Drupal8 integration: Fixes timezone support for anonymous users.
This is only a short overview. You can read the full release notes here. Big thanks to Andrew Hunt and Alice Frumin from AGH Strategies for putting up together release notes.
The complete list of 5.21.0 contributors (it's a huge team!) can be found here. Thanks to everyone for making this release happen!
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.
The latest version is great. It fixes many problems. Thank you so much for the great update.