We are excited to announce that our 1.9 release is now available for download
, AND to try out on our demo
This release is focused on CiviMail
- and unlike previous public demos, you can use the CiviMail menus and features. However, no actual mail will be sent from the site. You can view Release Highlights here
. The resolved issues list
sports the implementation details and lists fixed bugs.
If you are interested in using CiviMail, but are concerned about the technical complexity of installing and maintaining the required packages, we encourage you to check out the new CiviSMTP service
. This service allows you to use all the features of CiviMail from your own CiviCRM installation - but handles delivery, bounce and reply handling, as well as related technical and administrative tasks for you.
Check Out these New Features
- Create and Send Mailings - Check out the changes in the CiviMail "Send Mailing" wizard, including an integrated WYSIWYG rich-text editor. You can also try out the new Mailing search feature.
- Easy-to-use Mailing List Subscription Form - You can now direct constituents to a built-in "sign-up" form for ALL public mailing lists, OR for a specific list.
- CiviMail Scalabillty - Mail generator code has been optimized and we've seen exponential improvements in performance.
- Groups - You can now search for Groups from Manage Groups. Also, click Settings for a group to see the new Group Type feature, and assign your group to be used as a Mailing List and/or and Access Control group.
- PayJunction payment processor - PayJunction is now available as a payment processor option for online contributions, memberships and event registration - with thanks to Phase2 Technology!
You can download CiviCRM 1.9 at our download page
. Select from the civicrm-stable
section. The filenames include the 1.9 label:
. Be sure and download the correct version for your CMS (Drupal or Joomla). As announced previously, 1.9 and all subsequent versions of CiviCRM require PHP 5. PHP 4 is no longer supported.
If you are installing CiviCRM 1.9 from scratch, you can use the manual installation instructions linked below (these are for CiviCRM 1.8, but shouldn't change):
Upgrading from 1.8
If you are upgrading an existing 1.8 site (working with a copy of the site, of course), we have provided a database upgrade script. Instructions for upgrading are here:
Reporting Issues and Bugs
We look forward to getting your feedback on the release in the coming days. Bugs should be reported via our issue tracking system
. Please select 1.9 in 'Affects Version' dropdown. You will need to register as a user - this ensures that we can follow-up with you on your bug reports if necessary. Please ensure that the bug you have found is not reported already by reviewing the 1.9 open issues list