Here is a overview of the feature list for this stable release :
- CiviMail workflow functionality (Rules Integration). Read more here.
- Back-office staff can now enter recurring contributions for constituents. Constituents can signup for automatically renewing memberships via online contribution pages. Back-office staff can also create auto-renew memberships. (Both features require use of Authorize.net, PayPal Pro or PayPal Standard payment processors) Read more here.
- First version of new CiviCampaign component, it includes initial support for Canvassing, Surveys and Petitions.
- Advanced search extended to show objects other than contacts (and object related actions) - including activities, contributions, etc.
- Serious dedupe performance improvements.
- First take on extension mechanism for CiviCRM, allowing creation and distribution of plugins (payment processors, custom search, custom report templates for now).
- New case and grant reports.
- Better "session" management support for CiviEvent.
- First version of database logging, so you will be able to see who changed what and when.
- Address sharing between any two contacts.
You can download the release from SourceForge - select from the civicrm-stable section. The filenames include the 3.3.6 label: civicrm-3.3.6. Make sure you're downloading correct version: for Drupal or Joomla.
If you are installing CiviCRM 3.3.6 from scratch, refer to the installation guide:
Upgrading 2.2.* or 3.0.* or 3.1.* or 3.2.* Sites to 3.3
The procedure for upgrading to 3.3.6 is the same as for upgrading to 3.0.x. You can upgrade directly from 2.2.x or 3.0.x or 3.1.x or 3.2.x. Instructions:
We will continue to include automated upgrades for subsequent releases of 3.3 - so you should be able to upgrade your site easily over the course of the release cycle.