I've been working through case configuration with a few clients over the last several months and have run into a few areas where I think the functionality could be improved. The core team asked that I outline it for the community to see if other groups experience similar workflows and would benefit from these changes.
The issue mostly revolves around case roles and case resources. Following the conventions outlined in the online documentation, I generally present case roles as individuals *directly* involved in case resolution. Most of the time this will be staff who have access to CiviCRM and will be actively tracking and adding information to the case record. In contrast, case resources are people (or perhaps organizations) that are *indirectly* involved in case resolution. For example, they may be outside agencies, local government, or other organizations who are contacted and brought into the circle to assist with the issues. They do not have access to CiviCRM, so the...Read more
The following notes were gathered from the CiviCon session on what the community would like to see in CiviCRM 4.0:
* No new features
* Framework switch
* Not as major a rewrite as it looks
* Don't want to change many of the private APIs
* Want to switch away from pear
* Test unit coverage
* Better API hooks
* What users would like to see
* Continuous Integration
* Hudson - as you submit code runs through suite of unit tests to see what's broken
* Better decoupling
* Drupal Forms API
* * Better integration with Drupal DB layer
* Scale better
* Drush installation of managed hosting CRM
* Support Aegir usage
* * Better plugin architecture
* Payment processors
* Custom searches
* Custom reports...
- Get face-to-face feedback from PHP staff who are using CiviCase about what's working and what needs improvement in the existing implementation.
- Do some code sprints to get some quick wins for implementation within the current release cycle (2.2.3)
- Review the list of candidate features for Phase 2 in order to get a better understanding of the requirements, and discuss a range of implementation "solutions".
- Prioritize the Phase 2 list and come up with a scope of work and specifications for the 2.3 release.
- Personal Campaign Pages - add donors and constituents to your fundraising team
- Soft Credits for contributions
- CiviCase - Case management for human service providers (with thanks to Physician Health Program - British Columbia)
- Simplified configuration option for CiviMail
- Allow multiple custom field values for...
I was doing some other reading this week, and stumbled across this definition of case management:
The National Association of Social Workers Standards for Social Work Case Management (1995)defines case management as
… a method of providing services whereby the [professional] assesses
the needs of the client and the client's family … and arranges,
coordinates, monitors, evaluates, and advocates for a package of
multiple services to meet the specific client's complex needs. These
standards also emphasize interventions at micro-, mezzo- and
macro-levels, that is, the case manager should be acting to achieve
goals for the individual client, creating linkages with the resource
systems and improving the nature of those systems, as well as
influencing social policies which impact delivery systems.
(National Association of Social Workers Standards for Social Work
Case Management, 1995...
Introduction to CiviCaseClaire Sauve from Physician Health Program will be joining me in presenting an introduction to our new CiviCase component. The session will be an online web conference with phone dial-in, so participants can discuss interests and questions. No pre-registration is required - but drop me an email if you're planning on attending - dave at civicrm dot org. When: Wednesday, February 4 at 11:00am PST Toll Free Dial-in (U.S. & Canada): 1-866-740-1260 International Dial-in: click here for listings Participant Access Code: 8467471 Web Conference URL: https://www1.callinfo.com/prt?host=readytalk&an=8667401260&ac=8467471
Depending on participant interest, topics will include:
- CiviCase background concepts
- Physician Health Program implementation...
- CiviCase - case management component with configurable workflows (learn more...).
- Personal Campaign Pages - Allow constituents to create and promote their own personal fundraising pages in order to drive traffic to your organization's online contribution pages (learn more...).
- Simplified CiviMail Requirements - PHP-based option to handle return channel (bounces, replies ...) - replaces AMAVIS and simplifies installation and...