- Personal Campaign Pages - add donors and constituents to your fundraising team
- Soft Credits for contributions
- CiviCase - Case management for human service providers (with thanks to Physician Health Program - British Columbia)
- Simplified configuration option for CiviMail
- Allow multiple custom field values for...
I was doing some other reading this week, and stumbled across this definition of case management:
The National Association of Social Workers Standards for Social Work Case Management (1995)defines case management as
… a method of providing services whereby the [professional] assesses
the needs of the client and the client's family … and arranges,
coordinates, monitors, evaluates, and advocates for a package of
multiple services to meet the specific client's complex needs. These
standards also emphasize interventions at micro-, mezzo- and
macro-levels, that is, the case manager should be acting to achieve
goals for the individual client, creating linkages with the resource
systems and improving the nature of those systems, as well as
influencing social policies which impact delivery systems.
(National Association of Social Workers Standards for Social Work
Case Management, 1995...
Introduction to CiviCaseClaire Sauve from Physician Health Program will be joining me in presenting an introduction to our new CiviCase component. The session will be an online web conference with phone dial-in, so participants can discuss interests and questions. No pre-registration is required - but drop me an email if you're planning on attending - dave at civicrm dot org. When: Wednesday, February 4 at 11:00am PST Toll Free Dial-in (U.S. & Canada): 1-866-740-1260 International Dial-in: click here for listings Participant Access Code: 8467471 Web Conference URL: https://www1.callinfo.com/prt?host=readytalk&an=8667401260&ac=8467471
Depending on participant interest, topics will include:
- CiviCase background concepts
- Physician Health Program implementation...
- CiviCase - case management component with configurable workflows (learn more...).
- Personal Campaign Pages - Allow constituents to create and promote their own personal fundraising pages in order to drive traffic to your organization's online contribution pages (learn more...).
- Simplified CiviMail Requirements - PHP-based option to handle return channel (bounces, replies ...) - replaces AMAVIS and simplifies installation and...
As I've said elsewhere, it's been a real pleasure working closely with the CiviCRM team on the CiviCase project. The work we're doing is exciting, and has at least a hope of offering some efficiency to the large number of service providers whose work is organized into "cases", however that term is locally defined.
Designing for the variety of different potential uses for the case module is quite a challenge. Although the first release of CiviCase has to meet our immediate needs at the Physician Health Program of BC, we would be quite disappointed if it turned out to be extremely difficult for other case management groups to understand how they could implement it to meet their own needs. So I've been spending quite a bit of thought energy trying to prevent this from happening.
We think we've solved a number of important issues that have arisen in other case management systems I've used, but certainly we haven't covered them all just yet. Also, we need to take...Read more