THIS EXTENSION HAS BEEN REPLACED:
This Drupal-only extension has been superseded by an improved version which is CMS-independent (CiviCRM-native): CiviCRM activity iCalendar feed. Please consider using that extension instead.
This module allows users to get their CiviCRM assigned activities into their Google Calendar or similar calendaring applications, by providing a feed of each user's assigned activities in iCalendar format, ready to be subscribed to from with Google Calendar and/or Outlook.
- General description: Users can access an iCal feed of their upcoming (future) Activities, suitable for subscription via Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, and/or similar software
- Activities are represented as VEVENT objects, matching applicable properties (DTSTART, DTEND based on duration, etc.) where possible and appending names of any other asignees to the DESCRIPTION property.
- Feed includes activities of any type, including client-defined activity types.
- Feed includes activities with a status of "Scheduled" or any client-defined activity status.
- To conserve server resources, feeds are cached at a site-wide configurable interval (default 30 minutes).
- A user's Activities feed shows all activities having that user assigned, even if other users are also assigned.
- The user can easily determine the correct URL for the Activities feed by viewing the URL in CiviCRM.
- URL includes a persistent random hash to limit other parties' attempts at guessing the URL and viewing the user's feed; this can be re-generated by the user in case, for example, the URL becomes known to the wrong people.