The fourth BETA release of version 2.2 - including CiviCase, Personal Campaign Pages, Soft Credits, Multi-value Custom Fields, cool new hooks for developers, and more - is now available for download. This release includes approximately 25 bug fixes. as well as some community-requested improvements:
- Allow a user to register multiple participants using the same email address, and allow additional participants to be added without requiring email addresses for them.
- Make it easier to explore CiviCase by including sample case types with configuration files in the codebase distribution (learn more...). You can also try out these sample case types - "Housing Support" and "Adult Day Care Referral" on the public 2.2 demo.
- Configuration option to "turn off" the double-opt-in process when users subscribe to a mailing list via a Profile form.
- Ability to Send Bulk Email from the Find Members search screen.
- New hook to discount event fees when a user is registering multiple participants (e.g. you get a 5% discount for each additional person you register).
- Option to completely replace CiviCRM dashboard content using the Dashboard hook.
You can use the automated upgrade script to upgrade from 2.1.x OR from any previous 2.2 alpha or beta release. This release will be fully upgrade-able to any additional beta versions as well as 2.2 stable. Please help ensure a quality stable release by downloading and testing 2.2 beta against a copy of your site and data.
... If this is your first look at 2.2, check out the 2.2 Roadmap
for a good overview. Or you can review a compete listing of new features, improvements and bug fixes on the issue tracker
You can download CiviCRM 2.2 Beta at the "civicrm_latest" download page
. The filenames include the 2.2 Beta label: civicrm-2.2.beta…
. Be sure and download the correct version for your CMS (Drupal or Joomla). For standalone installs, download the Drupal version. System requirements for 2.2 are the same as for 2.1: PHP 5.2.x, MySQL 5.x with INNODB enabled, Drupal 6.x OR Joomla 1.5.x.
New 2.2 Installations
If you are installing CiviCRM 2.2 from scratch, use the installation instructions linked below:
Upgrading from 2.1.x OR from a prior 2.2 Release
If you are upgrading an existing 2.1 site (working with a copy of the site, of course) or an earlier 2.2 release site, we have provided a browser-based database upgrade script. Test-driving the upgrade process with a copy of your live data is a great way to increase your karma. You help both your organization / clients AND the project as a whole by uncovering any issues with the upgrade - and the team will do our best to help you diagnose and fix any problems.
We will continue to provide an easy to run browser-based upgrade, so you can easily upgrade your test site over the course of the 2.2 release cycle (beta -> stable).
If you are upgrading a Joomla 2.2 Beta 1 or Beta 2 site - there are special instructions in the documentation which you must follow to prevent data loss..
Detailed instructions for upgrading are here:
Reporting Issues and Bugs
We look forward to getting your feedback on the release in the coming days. If you have questions installing, upgrading and / or using 2.2 features - or you're seeing a problem and you're not sure if it's a bug - please post your issue to the 2.2 release testing section of the community forums
. Include as many specifics as possible about the issue or question.
Bugs should be reported via our issue tracking system
. Please select 2.2 in the ‘Affects Version’ dropdown. You will need to register as a user – this ensures that we can follow-up with you on your bug reports if necessary. Please ensure that the bug you’ve found is not reported already by checking the open issues listing