After more than 7 months of design, development and QA - the team is thrilled to announce the release of CiviCRM 2.1 Stable. You can download the release AND / OR try it out on our public demo site. 2.1 features a number of exciting new features, including...
- Joomla! 1.5 and Drupal 6 compatibility (CiviCRM 2.1 is NOT compatible with Drupal 5.x or Joomla! 1.0.x)
- Production-ready "standalone" version of CiviCRM (with thanks to U.S. PIRG)
- Contribution Pledges (back-office and self-service)
- Multi-language / single site support (with thanks to Google Summer of Code and the Joomla! team)
- Nesting (hierarchy) for groups (with thanks to U.S. PIRG)
- Contribution, participant and membership export improvements (with thanks to American Friends Service Committee)
- CiviCRM Home / Dashboard customization (with thanks to Frontline Defenders)
- Several usabiilty improvements including basic and quick search improvements (with thanks to CivicActions), and elimination of the annoying page reloads when entering contributions, memberships, and event registrations.
- FCKEdit and TinyMCE rich text editors
- Early-bird (date-based) discounts for events
- Multi-participant event registration
- Dedupe design and scalability improvements
- New tools for developers to extend and customize CiviCRM - including form hooks, adding PHP to custom fields, REST support for selected APIs, DB-driven menus and more.
- .... and 200+ more smaller improvements and bug fixes
Congratulations to CiviCRM team! This is a great release.
From a Joomla fan... Thank you!!!
Have a nice day :)
Beside the new features, beside the small contributions, beside the numerous improvements, I would like to congratulate because you are a brilliant example in the way you've been able to enlarge and engage the community, to listen to our suggestions and accept our requests and suggestions.
I hope we'll be even better at bringing actual code for the 2.2