CiviCRM version 5.24.0 is now out and ready to download. This is a regular monthly release.
Upgrade now for the most stable CiviCRM experience: https://civicrm.org/download
Users of the CiviCRM Extended Security Releases (ESR) do not need to upgrade, as there are no ESR-specific bugfixes or security issues at the moment.
- There will be a security release for 5.24.x on 2020-04-15. Please see security for more information.
- As of CiviCRM 5.25, which will be released on 2020-05-06, the minimum supported version will be PHP 7.1. The recommended PHP version is PHP 7.3.
What's new in CiviCRM 5.24
This version changes the database schema, has changes to the API, as well as the usual bugfixes and minor feature improvements.
- CiviCRM menu: Adds a new "Find menu item" search under the CiviCRM logo which allows user to quickly locate menu items by typing a few letters.
- Advanced Search: Adds an option to find contributions without a soft-credit.
- Contribution forms: Enable jQuery validate on public event/contribution forms.
- Contribution invoice: Major layout cleanup, added display of the contact's country.
- Contribution invoice: Count refunds when calculating amount due.
- Event contribution invoice: ensures Contribution Invoices are not sent to the CC and BCC email address(s) configured for Event Confirmation purposes.
- CiviMail: Fixed unsubscribe bug on multilingual sites, which could cause mass unsubscribes to all groups.
- Reports: The relationship report has a new option to sort by relationship end date, new column option for "is active?".
- CiviCase: many small improvements. CiviCase is great, you should try it!
- Core: Performance improvement for civicrm/ajax/checkemail which is used when adding a cc email address to an email message among other places.
- Core: On the Manage Groups form, add group type support for custom group types (makes it possible for extensions to expose custom group types and expose them in the filter).
- Core: Fixed installation issues when installing in another language.
- Core: New hook_civicrm_alterUFFields, which allows extensions to modify fields in a profile.
- Core: Updates the Net_SMTP package to the latest version of the library and standardizes patches.
- APIv4: Allows smart groups to be created with APIv4 params in addition to via search form values. Adds a user interface to save smart groups from the APIv4 explorer.
- Drupal8: Improves the installation process for Drupal 8 by making it so civicrm-setup reports the pending action.
- PHP: PHP 7.3 is now the recommended PHP version (this is the last release supporting PHP 7.0, CiviCRM 5.25 will require PHP 7.1 or later).
This is only a short overview. You can read the full release notes here. Big thanks to Andrew Hunt and Alice Frumin from AGH Strategies for putting up together release notes.
The complete list of 5.24.0 contributors (it's a huge team!) can be found here. Thanks to everyone for making this release happen!
We are committed to keeping CiviCRM free and open, forever. We depend on your support to help make that happen.