Finally, the time has come. Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, here is CiviCRM version 3.2.0, stable - it is now available for download. You can also try it out on our demo site.
This release includes several major new features/highlights:
- Usability improvements - Better looking and more intuitive Contact Summary Page. The new "Actions" button provides 1-click access to most contact-related forms. New clean and consistent icons have been implemented to provide helpful visual cues. You can now get a configurable contact summary pop-up from search results by mousing over the contact icon on any row. We'll be blogging with more details on these usability features during the release cycle.
- Support for PHP 5.3 -This release supports PHP 5.3.
- CiviCase Phase 3 - Thanks to the Physicians Health Program folks for pushing CiviCase to the next level! You can check out the phase 3 enhancements here.
- CiviEvent workflow improvements - Streamlining the workflow for events, providing 1-click access to event related screens from the configuration panel, and generating event name badges. For more details check CRM-6230 and CRM-6294.
- Free-tagging, and Tags for Cases and Activities - You can add one or more free-tagging "taxonomies" - called Tagsets - for use with contacts, cases and / or activities. You can also specify which tags can be used for which types of records.
- Standalone version dropped - Please note that we are dropping support for the Standalone version in 3.2. We recommend that current standalone users convert their installations to run under a basic Drupal install during this release cycle.
... and lots of other improvements. Check out the complete listing of new features, improvements and bug fixes on the issue tracker
You can download the release from SourceForge - select from the civicrm-stable section. The filenames include the 3.2.0 label: civicrm-3.2.0. Make sure you're downloading correct version: for Drupal or Joomla.
If you are installing CiviCRM 3.2.0 from scratch, please use the 3.0 versions of the automated installer instructions (the installation process has not changed):
Upgrading 2.2.* or 3.0.* or 3.1.* Sites to 3.2
The procedure for upgrading to 3.2.0 is the same as for upgrading to 3.0.x. You can upgrade directly from 2.2.x or 3.0.x or 3.1.x. Instructions:
We will continue to include automated upgrades for subsequent releases of 3.2 - so you should be able to upgrade your site easily over the course of the release cycle.