There is a new native extension available for allowing parents to register their children for events within CiviEvent. Tired of using custom data fields on a child to collect information about their parents and emergency contacts? Would you like the information collected during the event registration to create ( or update ) the various contact records needed in the back-office? Then this is the extension for you. It creates a contact record for each child, each parent, each emergency contact, the household contact, and also builds the appropriate relationships between each contact.
Pogstone (http://pogstone.com - Now a founding partner of CiviCRM) is happy to be able to sponsor and develop this extension for the CiviCRM community. We had help along the way from others: Thanks to Joe Murray and WebAccess for their contributions to making this extension happen.
Just some of the scenarios or use-cases supported by this extension:
- A parent wants to register their children for a school event or after-school program
- A parent wants to register their children for pre-school
- A parent wants to register their teenager for a weekend/overnight trip run by your organization.
- A parent wants to register their children for summer camp
- A parent wants to register their college-age children for an orientation program
- A parent wants to register their special-needs adult child for a program designed for people with special needs.
I am looking forward to hearing feedback and how people are using this extension.