Finally 4.7.beta1 has been released. Its now your chance to bring out your inner Sherlock and help make the software we all use and love even better.
How to get involved:
- Try out the online demo for Drupal or Wordpress with sample data.
- Better yet, download and use it with your own data (on a spare copy of your site, of course!).
- Leave feedback, kudos, and bug reports in our beta testing forum.
What needs testing:
The following new features or improvements are great places to start:
- Improved merging and batch dedupe workflows
- New admin status checks
- WYSIWYG editor configuration
- Payment processing improvements (try out: including online contributions, pay later, recurring, billing required for pay later, price sets, zero dollar option in price sets, approval required & waiting lists)
- Contribution and activity reports
- Self-service cancellation for event registrations
- New relative date filters on search forms
- ACL rules for financial types
There has already been heaps of work that has gone into making 4.7 a brilliant next release but its now so much more important to help out. Your sleuthing and examinations will help make 4.7 that much better. As Sherlock said "It is one of those instances where the reasoner can produce an effect which seems remarkable to his neighbour, because the latter has missed the one little point which is the basis of the deduction."
Very helpful to have some clear pointers as to what new goodies need testing.
Have you also enlisted your colleague Sherlock?
The link for payment processor improvements is broken. Could you please fix? Thanks!
And congratulations to the CiviCRM team!
Should be fixed now. Thanks for catching it Ken, look forward to your eagle-eye testing!