Training CampThe training camp was held over two days. Similar to our other camps this was also in an unconference format. The topics were decided by the participants and we split the day up into 5 sessions on both the days. Some takeaways from the user meetup:
- The UK NGO's rely more on government funding than on donations.
- Reporting and managing gift aid is important. We sketched out an implementation and a custom report for this on the wiki. More code on this coming soon
- Folks were quite excited about CiviReport and the reporting framework.
- Quite a few discussions on effectively supporting multi-org installations (n drupal installs, 1 shared civicrm db)
- A good discussion on how to make CiviCRM get around the "not built...
Those that missed out on the last three days of CiviCRM fun in London (and those for whom three days just wasn't enough) will be pleased to hear that this July's London Net Tuesday will be focused on CiviCRM. Nic Rodgers from Enable Interactive and I will be there to answer your questions and talk about how organisations in the UK and further afield have been using it.
The event starts at 5.30pm on July 7 (that's pretty SOON, by the way) and is being kindly hosted by Bash Creations who live at...Read more