The fourth BETA release of version 2.2 - including CiviCase, Personal Campaign Pages, Soft Credits, Multi-value Custom Fields, cool new hooks for developers, and more - is now available for download. This release includes approximately 25 bug fixes. as well as some community-requested improvements:
- Allow a user to register multiple participants using the same email address, and allow additional participants to be added without requiring email addresses for them.
- Make it easier to explore CiviCase by including sample case types with configuration files in the codebase distribution (learn more...). You can also try out these sample case types - "Housing Support" and "Adult Day Care Referral" on the public 2.2 demo.
- Configuration option to "turn off" the double-opt-in process when users subscribe to a mailing list via a Profile form.
- Ability to Send Bulk Email from the Find Members search screen.
- New hook to discount event fees when a user is registering multiple participants (e.g. you get a 5% discount for each additional person you register).
- Option to completely replace CiviCRM dashboard content using the Dashboard hook.
NOTE: Due to a technical glitch - we are "skipping" 2.1.5 the release label. You can upgrade directly from any prior 2.1 release.
DownloadYou can download CiviCRM 2.1.6 from our download page. Select from the civicrm-stable section. The filenames include the 2.1.6 label: civicrm-2.1.6…. Be sure and download the correct version for your CMS (Drupal / Joomla!). Select the Drupal download for Standalone upgrades.
UpgradingYou can upgrade directly to 2.1.6 from 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2 or 2.1.4. We've also made a few changes to simplify the upgrade process a bit. Upgrade instructions are available on the wiki for Drupal, Joomla and Standalone. If you're still running CiviCRM 2.0 - "making the move to 2.1" has gotten a bit easier as well (we've eliminated a few steps in the upgrade). Of course you'll still need to upgrade from Drupal 5 to Drupal 6 or Joomla! 1.0 to Joomla! 1.5. This could be a good time to look at requirements and support for any other components / modules you're using. Complete upgrade instructions for 2.0 sites are on the wiki for Drupal and Joomla!.
The third BETA release of version 2.2 - including CiviCase, Personal Campaign Pages, Soft Credits, Multi-value Custom Fields, cool new hooks for developers, and more - is now available for download. This release includes approximately 40 bug fixes., as well as some improvements in the personal campaign page functionality under Joomla! We've also integrated a Configuration Checklist which should make it easier for site administrators to complete initial configuration tasks on new installations. You can use the automated upgrade script to upgrade from 2.1.x OR from any previous 2.2 alpha or 2.2 beta 2. This release will be fully upgrade-able to any additional beta versions as well as 2.2 stable. Please help ensure a quality stable release by downloading and testing 2.2 beta against a copy of your site and data.... If this is your first look at 2.2, check out the 2.2 Roadmap for a good overview. Or you can review a compete listing of new features, improvements and bug fixes on the issue tracker.
Advisory Group Process
- Accomplish and get done at what you commit to doing for the month
- Attendance expectation: 2 excused absences a year (this is common with most professional groups)
- Term limits: 2 year term. The first group is special, since half the group will only have a 1 year term. This allows us to maintain continuity and momentum within the group
- Group review every 6 months
- The mailing list and wiki will be the main coordination tools
Eat your own dog food
- Brian Shaughnessy - an independent Joomla consultant in Albany, New York.
- Claire Sauve - from British Columbia's Physician Health Program and the CiviCase project manager.
The second BETA release of version 2.2 - including CiviCase, Personal Campaign Pages, Soft Credits, Multi-value Custom Fields and more - is now available for download. This release includes approximately 20 bug fixes, as well as some improvements in the personal campaign page and custom data / multiple records features.
- Provide a structured channel for input and guidance from the range of stakeholders in the community - to help us set direction and priorities for releases.