I am often asked by our clients to help with hire a CiviCRM administrator. This can be a new hire or a promotion of someone within the organization. Although every organization has specific needs, I've found the below job description to be helpful as a starting point. Hopefully you can find it helpful as well.
The CRM Administrator is responsible for the overall administration and support for the CiviCRM Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system. The successful candidate is not necessarily a technologist, but a person:
- with a good understanding how a CRM should and can be utilized across the organization.
- who has skills using online technology and has the curiosity and expertise to learn CiviCRM and participate in the CiviCRM community.
- who is someone who wants to be a go-to person for the users. The candidate should be an advocate for the CiviCRM within the organization and help to appropriately expand its use.
- who takes data quality seriously and works to maintain a clean and unfettered database.
We are NOT looking for someone to monitor the database and tweak it for performance. We are NOT looking for a data entry person.
- Ensures that the data in CiviCRM is correct
- Works with the entire organization as a champion and trainer to ensure CiviCRM is understood by new and existing users and help the system to grow and evolve
- Provides support and training for staff in data entry and basic management
- Assesses various options for optimizing and customizing the system to help the system grow and evolve.
- Attends regular meetings with support staff and various team members to review upcoming issues, items, and training.
- Proven customer service orientation combined with the ability to work well with others, in the office and out.
- Creativity, initiative, excitement about the possibilities of the CRM.
- Strong knowledge of CRMs, particularly helpful would be knowledge of CiviCRM
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Excellent business analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people of varying technical skills
- Previous experience in an end-user technical support role.
- Quick, analytic thinker.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts
- Drupal/WordPress CMS experience would be a plus
- Any background with CSS, HTML, or query writing in ACCESS would be helpful.